Print at Sep 21, 2019 4:05:24 PM

Posted by hansmex at Nov 27, 2012 6:15:37 AM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 3.8
Emmanuel,

1 - Materials in Modify furniture works perfectly, and is an extremely useful addition. The bookcase with books now gives close to 10 colours to individually change.
2 - Wall top colour in 3D View works correctly. However I would have preferred that this would have been added to the Modify walls dialogue.
3 - Create photos at points of view in 3D view gives a list with available pov's. When I select Create i get an error message, saying Couldn't compute photos. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? When I selected this option from the 3D preview window, nothing happened the first time. When I tried again after using the menu bar, the menu popped up, but gave the same error message. It's as if the function had to be "initialized" through the menu bar.
4 - Aerial view centered on selection in Preferences works perfectly and is a very valuable addition.
5 - Wall pattern in plan in Preferences gives new hatching, which is useful. However I would have preferred that this would have been added to the Modify walls dialogue. The main reason is that, then, you can distinguish between existing walls and new walls. Many people use SH3D in contacts with their builder, and this would be very useful in such situations. Ideally this would be combined with (2), extended to each individual side of every wall, and "hidden" in an Advanced tab in the Modify walls menu.
6 - The Linux issue with unmoving groups has been solved.

Thanks once again for all the work!

Hans
----------------------------------------
Dual boot - AMD FX6300 6-core, 16GB ram
Windows 10 Pro, SH3D 6.2 with 8 GB memory allowance
Ubuntu 18.04, SH3D 6.2 with 2 GB memory allowance