Print at Jun 17, 2019 5:55:41 AM

Posted by Puybaret at May 12, 2014 2:26:25 PM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4
harbinger, I understand your point of view, but I generally distribute beta versions only under Java Web Start, because it's faster for me, and still can work under Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. If I started to provide each Beta version under an other form, it would be less time I can spend on development. Exceptionally, here's a double-clickable Jar executable version, but I won't update it again before the final release.

Szymon, thanks for the video. The blinking effect is managed with a simple Swing Timer instance. If you have a little time, could you try some other values in the delay I programmed, and tell me which ones always work for you?

1. When I click ALT in windows7 OS, it selects upper-menu (so when I try to navigate in a room by holding and releasing ALT many times I sometimes navigate unintentionally among menu items).

2. When I hold ALT and use up/down arrows nothing happens, maybe move forward/backward should work as without ALT
I tolerated Alt modifier in Beta 4 when you press up and down arrow keys, so I guess you'll get much less often the unintentional effect you cited in point 1.

3. When I detach 3d view and change focus from app main screen to 3d-view screen I observe probably unintentional behaviour. Eg. sideway move is active without ALT, or move is not possible at all.
I wasn't able to reproduce this effect.

And the stack trace you posted is displayed in the console at Java plug-in launch. Apparently, I doesn't have any effect on the program itself.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer