Print at Jul 18, 2019 1:53:54 PM

Posted by Puybaret at May 14, 2014 5:29:37 PM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 4.4
Tonight the Beta 5 brings two new features:
- Select object menu is replaced by Toggle selection menu in plan contextual menu when shift key is pressed
- Text fields showing lengths were improved mainly when foot/inch/fraction unit is active; these text fields now show lengths in feet and inches, and let the user enter a length using this notation. To avoid entering 1/8 inch characters, you can also type inch decimals. In metrics unit, less decimals are shown and a few weird behaviors were fixed.
Please, Americans but others too, spend some time on testing this change, because it's widely used and a bug could bother many users.

The new Beta describes also the new features in the help.

AruN, thanks for your tests and the ones you did it in November. It's good to know that black dots can disappear using a bigger antialiasing.
Why don't you utilize the more render parameters come with Sunflow(Fake GI,IrradianceCache)
Not sure it' a good idea to invest more time in SunFlow which is not maintained by its main developer anymore. The small improvements on texture transparency I made in march took me already a lot of time. sad
Or provide a user configurable drop-box in photorender window for renderer,light, Anti-aliasing.
I know that defining com.eteks.sweethome3d.j3d.PhotoRenderer... is not handy, but I want to keep the photo creation dialog simple, and not be obliged to support or remove any SunFlow parameter if ever I decide to replace it by an other rendering engine.
new Edit > Select all at all levels
I wish it will make selection without compass.
But then it wouldn't be Select all. Keep in mind that you can still unselect/reselect anything in this selection mode if you keep the shift key pressed.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer