Print at Aug 12, 2020, 4:11:36 PM

Posted by okh at Feb 5, 2016, 1:08:58 PM
Re: Sweet Home 3D 5.2
Quick test:

Tried the Win10 installer, beta 1 installed without a glitch, however, now with
Version 5.2 Beta 2 Java version 1.8.0_72 / 64 bit / 1.8 GB max
I get "The signature of SweetHome3D-5.2.beta2-windows.exe is corrupt or invalid."

It is still possible to install b2 if you ignore a barrage of Win attempts to prevent you from installing. Don't know whether this comes from beta2/Java 8u72 or some annoying Windows update (it updates non-stop). (Win 10 Home, Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3124262). - apparently up-to-date as of today).
width of a door or a window displayed in the plan takes now into account the width of its doorOrWindowCutOutShape# property.
Very nicely implemented, and certainly makes it easier to make door and window models.
added an Invisible radio button in Furniture materials dialog box to make a material invisible and hide the parts of a model that uses it
Love this feature, especially that later exporting the model removes the element marked invisible. Very useful if you want to remove parts of a model. But I suppose that means that it is not possible to set invisible in the .mtl file (as a sort of default - hidden element)? Not that it matters, better to be able to remove.

However, with a candlestick (model with candle and lightsource) I could indeed remove the candles by setting to invisible. But the candles reappeared in the 3D view when I added more furniture (still marked invisible, and exporting still "removes" the invisible part completely). This happens both under win81 webstart and win10 installer. Sent you file with misbehaving model. Could it be the lightsource, because it does not happen with other models I tried, or is it because I removed an extremity of the model? Will test more later.

ok

ok