Print at Apr 18, 2019 5:58:52 PM

Posted by AeowynFraser at Jun 25, 2016 11:42:27 PM
Re: Tudor Castle version 2
So far, here's what I've done with the Patio area.

Patio - Virtual Visitor view.

Backyard - Virtual Visitor view.

Backyard - Aerial view.

Front side - Aerial view.

I found an outdoor fireplace that I liked. At first I tried adding it on the same side of the kitchen wall as the stove, but there it didn't seem to work. Then I tried putting it between both back doors and it seemed alright, except for the patio roof now seemed a bit off. So, I widened one side of the patio (flooring, roof, decorative beams, the whole thing) and that seemed alright, except that now the patio covered part of one of the windows on the second floor - removed that. Then I realized I needed a chimney to go with it so I found one that I liked the shape of, then modified its texture and size to match the brickwork of the fireplace, although I think I might have made it a bit too tall (I included the Front side aerial view to show the top if the chimney).

And now that I have that done, I realize that backyard is really extremely too small, but I really don't want to take the time (hours) to add a couple more pieces of fencing and move the entire line of back fencing (the only reason the back fencing isn't visible in these pictures is because of the angles and how close I had the view to it). Yuck.

Also, I think I have an idea as to what I'll do for the patio furniture - a small BBQ/outdoor kitchen area, a small dining area and a small sitting area.

Anybody else see anything else that I might need to modify with the backyard/patio area?
----------------------------------------