Print at Apr 24, 2018 5:25:58 PM

Posted by Ceciliabr at Aug 4, 2016 12:44:33 PM
Re: Versailles : Gallery of Mirrors
Bonjour,

I was going to comment on this thread some time ago, but then I decided to wait for your next renderings. And then I forgot.
This is incredibly beautiful, and stands out as one of the most creative projects I have seen on this forum. That was the first thing I wanted to say.
And then I had some comments about the lighting, like that the chandeliers were losing their form and texture from the strong light.
The later renderings were definitely improvements, but I think there's still some work to be done, unless you have gotten tired of the project.
I was thinking; what happens if you reduce the lights inside the chandeliers almost to a minimum, and then light them up by spreading some low intensity incandescent lights in a circle around them? Maybe only two is enough? Sure it will take some time to render, but you could always use the option to render multiple shots, and then render over night, like I do with most of my renderings. And rendering over night has the added value of producing an extra incentive to get out of bed :=)

And then I was thinking; since, after all, you have invested so much creativity in making this gallery, why not render out some details? We all know the geography of the gallery by now, so maybe some closer shots of the variety of statues and their ornaments, the benches, the niche... and maybe try shooting from some interesting angles.

Just an idea.

Cec