Print at Nov 13, 2018 1:19:18 AM

Posted by AeowynFraser at Jul 14, 2018 4:45:09 AM
Re: Home inspired by my "Tiny home"
I've gotten a new computer; not a "hand-me-down", not a refurbished one, but a brand new Mac. No power issues so far (my fingers are crossed) and the first thing I did was start the redraft of this house.

I've been working on it almost all day (I did have to stop to eat dinner, at least laughing), but here's the link to it in its current state; it's never a bad idea to save early and often to the net wink:

TinyHomeEnlargedRedraft.sh3d

I've got the basics of it, so far anyway. The walls are up, doors and windows are in place, the outside is almost as "dressed up" as it was before (ie. trees, hedges, different patio furnishings but no flowers, mainly because I haven't gone looking for them yet), and a few built-ins are too.

I've got some different textures for the walkways and the "street" but personally I think these are a bit better. smile

Some of the furniture that I'd gotten from 3D Warehouse wasn't available (I couldn't find the same stairs or the arch that I'd had over the entryway) so I got different items that work too. The one thing that I couldn't find on their website that I really wanted was the pergola that I have between the house and the garage; I had to actually copy and paste it from one of the houses that I had saved on MediaFire.

The walls aren't painted, the flooring doesn't have a texture, I haven't "named" the rooms, there isn't any roofing, no lights, etc. Some of the rooms are different sizes; I couldn't help that since I was going by pictures of the original 2D floor plan that didn't have the exact measurements listed, but I think I got pretty close.

I also made a few changes from the original, like the shaping of the patio, added a couple of gates and a fence, took out the closet on the main floor to put in an exterior door closer to the patio, etc.

----------------------------------------