Print at Nov 13, 2019 4:21:45 AM

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Jul 23, 2018 11:51:49 AM
Re: Holes in the ground
So, based on your path above, I figured out how to edit it manually. I tried it with Inkescape, but this software does not run properly on my system. Perhaps I should look aroud for an alternative...

I wish I could build a boat about 38m long and 5m wide (Freycinet), because this would fit in most of the locks but for boats from 25m upwards you have to have a captain's license (at least 4 years to gain) to control it. So my Luxemotor will be just under 25m. For this size I only need to have a "small" license.

The idea about the pontoons is a good one, and it's a cheap one. That's why I already had it myselfe:

The COBO1215 and the COBO0609 are both based on a pontoon platform and the COBO1215 is even usable for coastal waters.
But they have oune big problem: they are much higher than the other boats, and that is a problem, if you have to pass low bridges. The COBO0609 is my try to fix this problem, but this boat is really small...

At this point I have to say thank you very much for your help with the svg path, you really saved my boat projects and fixed my problem (even if it's not a perfectionist-solution wink ). Now I only have to wait for SH3D 6.0 to fix the group-problem and from then SH3D is a perfect boat and ship design software!
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.2 / Ubuntu 18.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x