Print at Mar 29, 2020, 6:37:51 AM

Posted by Ceciliabr at Sep 6, 2019, 10:29:47 AM
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in
99% of all users of SH3D want the program to run out of the box. (...) Enko's plugin is best tested in the way most people use it. At least, that's my point of view.
Well, it does work "out of the box", but the whole point with using PVR is to tweak it.
In addition to Enkonyito's own example renderings, there are several postings on the forum showing how members are using the plug-in. One of these examples is the one I posted in my comment to you.

But with 840 views and 36 comments so far, this thread is obviously not catching the 99% of the users that in your opinion prefers "out-of-the-box" as their favourite setting. With some 80.000 downloads this week alone, that should leave 800 potential users who at some point might develop an interest in acquiring knowledge about how to produce the best rendering of their creations.

The way see it, the purpose of posting our tests here is giving valuable feedback to Puybaret (and Enko?) on how YafaRay handles a variety of challenges that no programmers have the time to test themselves.
The main purpose of a photo-renderer is to produce a photo-realistic image.
Since YafaRay is supposed to be faster than Sunflow, my opinion is that the best way to test this is to compare the three options by looking at differences in speed compared to differences in quality.

Cec