Print at Mar 29, 2020, 10:05:07 AM

Posted by Puybaret at Jan 16, 2020, 9:50:30 PM
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in
Many thanks for your tests. It looks like we get closer to a working solution smile

The version 1.0 Beta 6 published today brings support for BMP, WBMP and GIF images (that will fix Cecilia's issue) and improves the cache of texture images to speed up YafaRay launch during subsequent times.

Cecilia, I tried your file and noted a similar CPU usage on my computer, even if it wasn't as low as in your case. As I wondered if it could be because of the very large images you use as textures, I created another version with much smaller images, but this gave the same results! Could you try with some files of the gallery (like the Alps hotel that you seem to like ;-), and report how rendering works with them?

Among the remaining issues, I noted that the default sky used in aerial view still gives some images a little bluer than with SunFlow. After some investigations, I didn't find any solution yet.
Before releasing a version 1.0, I shall add the support for Windows and Linux 32 bit and a Depth of field lens option. As YafaRay doesn't seem to be able to generate some equirectangular images, I fear there won't be any Spherical lens option at the moment. Any other ideas in mind?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer