Print at Mar 29, 2020, 7:15:22 AM

Posted by Puybaret at Jan 27, 2020, 6:06:46 PM
Re: YafaRay rendering plug-in
Here's the version 1.0 Beta 7, probably the last one before I release a final version.

This version brings support for Windows 32 bit and Linux 32 bit, the reason why it's almost twice larger (24 MB) than previous Beta. From my tests, it requires at least Windows 7 and Ubuntu 16 to run. I wonder though if it's worth supporting 32 bit systems, because when a rendering runs out of memory, the program will crash and this may happen even with some examples of the gallery.

I also added the Depth of field lens (still with focus at 2.5 m) as shown in the screenshot below, and managed the silk effect of colored materials at the best quality level. I wished I could get a nicer effect, but similarly to SunFlow Uber shader, it seems to be complicated to get a good solution.

Finally, I improved the copy of 3D models into YafaRay at rendering launch, added the ability to resize the rendering dialog box and saved its location / size in properties separated from the default photo creation panel ones.

Is there a good reason for keeping the “official” render windows of SH3D so tiny?
It's mostly for aesthetic reasons, because I didn't like the space around the small group of controls at the bottom of a very large dialog box, and managing a minimum size isn't so easy. And not everybody has a large screen...

The bucket size of the YafaRay renderer, is it dynamic?
It looks like, and it's interesting at the end of a rendering because it helps to continue using all the power of the CPU.
I'm wondering if that's the reason why it outperforms the Sunflow renderer.
I don't think so.

Thanks again for helping me testing this new plug-in smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer