Print at May 20, 2019 3:46:34 PM
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by AeowynFraser at Sep 25, 2016 3:19:45 AM
2-Story Home with Basement Apartment
Here's a new house I've come up with. A little more traditional than some of my other ones. I was thinking of a house that would be built on a hillside that slopes down, although I don't know how to show that (I'm betting you all will notice the floating porch step). It even has a basement apartment. I haven't added a roof yet though so it's almost done. wink Also, I'm thinking that maybe I don't have enough windows?

I didn't include a garage as what I was thinking is that it's a separate building behind the house, just a simple garage with 3 stalls, although the back of it maybe (because of the slant of the hill it's on I could add a small storage area? I don't know. biggrin

The following pictures are what I have so far, of the basement apartment.

I'm working on more rendered pictures and should be posting them soon.
----------------------------------------

Posted by Miker777 at Sep 25, 2016 10:36:22 AM
Re: 2-Story Home with Basement Apartment
Hi Aeowyn
Good to see you back, hope your well.couple of things, your master bedroom has a bath in it and i dread to think what you study in the bedroom on the ground floor smile .
If you can share outside images we can try to help with the slope, most of mine are on slopes or multi levels, try looking back over them.

Mike

Posted by AeowynFraser at Sep 25, 2016 3:45:19 PM
Oh! Thank you for pointing that out about the master bedroom/bathroom! Long story... When I had first started developing the layout I was going to put those rooms the way you see it and had it marked accordingly, then changed my mind and switched the rooms, but by the time I got to the decorating of those rooms I completely forgot that I'd made the change and didn't pay attention to their listed titles. In summary, "Oops; I'm going to fix that and decorate it right."

As for the "Study", I decorated it as if it were my Sewing room; there's the desk with the sewing machine, storage for the sewing patterns and other little sewing related stuff, bookcases for sewing books and inspirational magazines, and a high table for cutting out the fabric. biggrin

I will be working some today on getting more pictures of the house and will try and get them posted as soon as I can.

Posted by bdfd at Sep 25, 2016 6:08:30 PM
technical question : the walls seem very thick, what is their thickness confused

Are you sure that their can support three levels d oh
only 6.1.2 and nothing else - W10 64b

Posted by AeowynFraser at Sep 25, 2016 11:09:15 PM
I just used the default thickness of the walls; should I have made them 6 inches thick instead?

Posted by AeowynFraser at Sep 26, 2016 5:43:16 AM
I fixed the issue with the master bedroom/master bathroom.

I haven't done much else with the house as I've had a migraine most of the day. I hope I can work on it later.

Posted by bdfd at Sep 26, 2016 5:59:57 AM
I just used the default thickness of the walls; should I have made them 6 inches thick instead?
For one level yes.
For three take 8 or in MKSA international system 0,20 m (or 20 cm)... read here

Oh my god please, let fall this archaic system, go in 21th century !!!

Posted by bdfd at Sep 26, 2016 6:05:35 AM
I fixed the issue with the master bedroom/master bathroom.
It's better ! I had never seen a bathroom bigger than a bedroom.

Closets between 2 rooms, councils are followed... smile

Good work. applause

Posted by AeowynFraser at Sep 26, 2016 6:11:23 AM
Thank you for the information; I'll look into changing the thickness of the walls as soon as I can.

Posted by AeowynFraser at Sep 27, 2016 5:14:22 AM
I've been out most of the day so I've only done a quick work on the outside walls' thicknesses. I also did a little rearranging on a couple of the bedrooms.