Print at Sep 21, 2019 1:21:32 AM
Posts: 86   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]
View all posts in this thread on one page
Posted by enkonyito at Feb 16, 2018 2:55:23 AM
Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in
@hansmex
Even better: create the possibility to specify the size of the image preview in Preferences... :-)

I will study the feasibility of the thing so as not to complicate the photo panel too much.
Besides, I hesitated to put the option of the choice of look and feel in the preferences if it was possible.

Posted by Ceciliabr at Feb 16, 2018 8:56:16 AM
Besides, I hesitated to put the option of the choice of look and feel in the preferences if it was possible.

Maybe you could make the plugin-window resizable?
That would meet every individual need,

Cec

Posted by ndorigatti at Feb 16, 2018 9:37:49 AM
Heheheh I think it would be though... Java and Swing (programming language and UI components used here) are not the best to support responsive layouts...

I hope it is possible, but I have a few ideas/options for the developer:
- What about changing the Quality bar? we have only 4 options and it is huge, fast and best are taking a lot of space in addition to 1-2-3-4.... Maybe replace 1 and 4 with fast and best and keep 2 and 3 instead of replacing the whole component?

The lookAndFeel (that I did not understand why having that option, but maybe I missed some thread) should be a non frequent option to change (it is less important than picture size or quality, so it could stay in a "secondary" frame like advanced options, why not?
So we could have a new frame with:
Look and feel - Preview Picture Size - Any other option

And, this is completely IMHO, I would put the elapsed time bar under the "Advanced settings / Enhance Brightness" line, just to separate what will change the resulting image and require a stop-create (over that line) and what is modifying in live the UI and the components shown (below the progress bar), like lookandfeel.

Take this as some ideas from a developer that uses SH3D sometimes, and used a lot when planning a new home, so if you think is a stupid idea, feel free to tell it! biggrin biggrin

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 16, 2018 11:05:52 PM
@Ceciliabr
Maybe you could make the plugin-window resizable? That would meet every individual need

Proof by the image.

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 16, 2018 11:20:36 PM
@ndorigatti
What about changing the Quality bar? we have only 4 options and it is huge, fast and best are taking a lot of space in addition to 1-2-3-4.... Maybe replace 1 and 4 with fast and best and keep 2 and 3 instead of replacing the whole component?

The goal of the plug-in is to stay visually close to the standard photo panel while providing new options.
Personally, I occasionally use quality level 1 (3D view without shadow) and one of the higher quality levels (3 or 4) with the setting of SunFlow rendering engine.

The lookAndFeel (that I did not understand why having that option, but maybe I missed some thread) should be a non frequent option to change (it is less important than picture size or quality, so it could stay in a "secondary" frame like advanced options, why not?

This option is not related to the rendering but I have integrated it in the photo panel in order to modify the appearance of the interface.
The other solution is to use a script for the installer version as shown here with "-Dswing.defaultlaf=".
Available Look and Feels:
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif.MotifLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsClassicLookAndFeel

I would put the elapsed time bar under the "Advanced settings / Enhance Brightness" line, just to separate what will change the resulting image and require a stop-create (over that line) and what is modifying in live the UI and the components shown (below the progress bar)

This may be possible (see previous central image).

Posted by mirakels at Feb 21, 2018 7:28:20 AM
Maybe make 'quality' a drop down menu... It only has 4 choices so why a slider does not add much functionality

Posted by Ceciliabr at Feb 25, 2018 2:57:14 PM
@enkonyito

Resizable is king!

Now the next, ( and probably impossible) challenge is: Can the resizable photo renderer include a 3D preview? It would really "revolutionise" this program to have a combined preview- and render-window.

Cec

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 26, 2018 6:58:42 PM
Version 1.4.1
- resizable photo panel with modified layout
- display of the current version of the plug-in in the menu

Thanks to my beta testers Ceciliabr and hansmex for their feedback and to Emmanuel Puybaret for his advice! wink

Posted by Ceciliabr at Feb 27, 2018 12:59:16 AM
Resizable renderer with rendering in progress:

cec

Posted by bdfd at Feb 27, 2018 7:28:54 AM
Hi,

It's not my first installed plugin... but I got a problem.

I don't see anything :
1. in the options menu
2. in librairies list
3. but plugin is in the good sub-directory (green Arrow)

An idea ?
----------------------------------------
only 6.2 and nothing else - W10 64b
Asus TUF Z390 , Intel Core i9-9900K (3.6 GHz) , Chipset Z390 Exp, RAM 32 Go DDR4 3000 Mhz, SSD M.2 512 Go + HDD 3 To,
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posts: 86   Pages: 9   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 | Next Page ]