Print at Sep 21, 2019 1:35:20 AM
Posted by enkonyito at Nov 19, 2016 4:37:44 PM
Photo-video rendering plug-in
This new plug-in groups together in a specific menu the old plug-ins linked to rendering.
It consists of:
- Simple photo rendering (replaces Create photo with renderer)
- Multiple photo rendering (replaces Multiple rendering)
- Video rendering
- Rendering properties (replaces Advanced settings of photo rendering)

Simple photo rendering also allows:
- display the progress in percentage
- display the elapsed time and estimated remaining time
- enhance the external brightness (at the 2 best quality levels)
- view/edit the advanced settings (at the 2 best quality levels)

Multiple photo rendering also allows:
- display the progress in percentage (at the 2 best quality levels)
- display the elapsed time
- display the name of the point of view being computed

Video rendering also allows:
- display the progress in percentage
- display the elapsed time
- enhance the external brightness (at the 2 best quality levels)

Rendering properties allows to:
- view/edit the parameters of the rendering engine

The improvements and corrections made to SH3D-5.3 have been taken into account.

The sh3p file with source code is included in the compressed folder.

PhotoVideoRendering-1.0.zip

Posted by bdfd at Nov 20, 2016 7:04:08 AM
Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in
It's a good idea smile but it's not finished because I saw 2 problems. sad

A. I downloaded the previous Tools R1.3.2 with parameters 1.3.1 in Tools menu.
=> Yesterday, I downloaded the new menu 'Photo-video rendering' and the old menu was always present. crying

Why and how can we delete the old ?

B. Problem in parameters
When I use your new menu 'advanced settings', I cannot change value of DiffusedBounces (1 => 2) !!!
=> With the old menu it is possible. tongue

Is it a regression or just an oblivion ?
=> Can you evolve it ?

I think that with this kind of update, you must have a global vision and don't go too fast and I know that it's not easy... d oh
----------------------------------------
only 6.2 and nothing else - W10 64b
Asus TUF Z390 , Intel Core i9-9900K (3.6 GHz) , Chipset Z390 Exp, RAM 32 Go DDR4 3000 Mhz, SSD M.2 512 Go + HDD 3 To,
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by enkonyito at Nov 20, 2016 3:51:42 PM
You must manually remove the plug-ins from the Tools menu if you no longer want to use them.
Help -> About... -> Librairies...
- click on a file in Plug-ins
- close SH3D
- delete the plug-ins

These old plug-ins do not benefit from the improvements and corrections made to SH3D-5.3.
The new plug-in is included in a compressed folder to be replaced more easily in future updates.

As stated here , safeguards have been put in place to avoid any confusion in the interactions between parameters.

Posted by Miker777 at Nov 20, 2016 4:14:18 PM
Hi enkonyito
You may need to explain which to delete for thicko's like me, i just did it, now all i have is the basic photo option, no 131, no advanced options, no enhanced lighting, my bad, but help now needed

Posted by Miker777 at Nov 20, 2016 4:25:25 PM

Posted by Miker777 at Nov 20, 2016 4:46:49 PM
Alls well in the world smile
Re-installed AdvancedSettings_PhotoRendering-1.3.1 and CreatePhotoWithRenderer-1.3.2 from HERE and i am sorted. Nice one enkonyito. biggrin

Posted by bdfd at Nov 21, 2016 5:28:32 AM
same thing for me, as enkonyito said, its plugin is adapted for version 5.3, so I installed it and thrown the previous.

But after a try of rendering I must to come back because I saw strange things (Rendering which not answer and don't start,
processor at 91%, ...) ??? crying
I had to report. devilish
Asus TUF Z390 , Intel Core i9-9900K (3.6 GHz) , Chipset Z390 Exp, RAM 32 Go DDR4 3000 Mhz, SSD M.2 512 Go + HDD 3 To,
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by enkonyito at Mar 31, 2017 9:54:49 PM
Version 1.1
- Sky texture visible when rendering in aerial view
- Better definition of shadows for Image Based Light (option "Enhance external brightness" checked)

Examples of IBL rendering.

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 17, 2017 8:11:57 PM
Version 1.2
For video rendering:
- Implicit enhancement of external brightness
- Adding new video formats
- Deleting current recorded camera location
- Automatic saving of video file

Panoramic video (ImageBasedLight)
Panoramic video (SunSkyLight)

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 19, 2017 11:04:47 PM
Although the video file is properly saved and playable, sometimes an error message indicates the contrary. sad

It would seem that the saveVideo method can not be used for direct saving of file.
Changes will be made after the release of SweetHome3D-5.5 to verify compatibility of the plug-in.

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 11, 2017 7:02:17 PM
Version 1.3

Compatible only with SweetHome3D-5.5 and higher
(lights rotation around a horizontal axis)

For video rendering:
- curved line for camera path (circular arc)
- variable speed according to distance

SH3D camera animation

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 14, 2017 3:35:30 AM
The plug-in supports English and French but it is possible to add other languages based on the ApplicationPlugin_en.properties template.

Based on these instructions , the addition of a language can be done as follows:
1-unzip the PhotoVideoRendering-VERSION.zip file
2-transform the .sh3p into .zip
3-paste your file ApplicationPlugin_LANGUAGE.properties
4-transform the .zip into .sh3p

For any additional language integration directly to the plug-in for future versions, you can contact me .
Attachment ApplicationPlugin_en.properties (4768 bytes) (Download count: 134) (Translation template)

Posted by enkonyito at Nov 4, 2017 3:31:28 PM
Note to translators.

You can translate the label of parameters (rendering properties) by putting your translation in parentheses and separated from the English keyword by a space.
Example:
RenderingPropertiesView.aAminLabel=antiAliasing.min (\u6700 \u5C0F \u9297 \u92F8 \u9F52):

This structure must be respected otherwise the modifications of the parameters will not be taken into account for your translated file.

Posted by sclee at Nov 5, 2017 10:16:17 AM
Thank very much for the help of Enko Nyito, so that the renderer has more choice, I also translated the traditional Chinese and Simplified Chinese,
download: http://sync.hamicloud.net/_oops/scleea/seh

Posted by Geovani141 at Nov 16, 2017 2:19:33 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/jruq0l.jpg[/IMG[/img]
Sorry, for my English. I have a problem.
I have version 5.6 of the software and I can not create a photo. I click on create photo and it loads but an error appears on the screen, a small icon with an 'x' in the middle. Before I could create photos normally, but now I have this problem. I even formatted my computer to see if it was memory, but it is not. Please help m e.

Posted by bdfd at Nov 19, 2017 5:30:07 AM
[moderated]
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by Puybaret at Nov 20, 2017 12:57:31 PM
Geovani141, this error might happen when the program doesn't have enough RAM to work. Read the FAQ to increase the maximum RAM that Sweet Home 3D can use.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer

Posted by enkonyito at Jan 5, 2018 6:15:09 PM
Some details about the video rendering.

- curved line for camera path
The curved line path is created automatically when there is a difference in orientation between 2 recorded positions.

- variable speed according to distance
The greater the distance between 2 recorded positions, the faster the movement speed.
Conversely, the shorter the distance, the slower the speed.

Practical tip to see the difference between a straight line path and a curved line path.
You can save your path in the standard video panel and then open the video plugin.
Since the positions recorded are the same, some parts of the path may be curved and the speed different depending on the distance.

At the next version! wink

Posted by enkonyito at Jan 30, 2018 1:02:52 AM
Version 1.4

• display a message about plug-in compatibility
  • display a message when closing a rendering
  • added a minimum night brightness (dark level 2)
  • selection, in the simple photo rendering panel, of available LookAndFeels
  • other minor bugs fixes and enhancements

(translation template)

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 16, 2018 2:52:04 AM
@Ceciliabr
Just a question: Is it possible to make the image-window wider, f.i. 600px wide? That would be really useful.

Here's how the image display is processed in the default photo panel.
this.photoComponent = new ScaledImageComponent();
this.photoComponent.setPreferredSize(new Dimension(getToolkit().getScreenSize().width <= 1024 ? 320 : 400, 400));

To add additional options, I decreased the size of the image preview and since version 1.4 the size of the panel changes depending on the look and feel chosen.

But to answer your question, yes it is possible to increase the size of the image preview.

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 16, 2018 2:55:23 AM
@hansmex
Even better: create the possibility to specify the size of the image preview in Preferences... :-)

I will study the feasibility of the thing so as not to complicate the photo panel too much.
Besides, I hesitated to put the option of the choice of look and feel in the preferences if it was possible.

Posted by Ceciliabr at Feb 16, 2018 8:56:16 AM
Besides, I hesitated to put the option of the choice of look and feel in the preferences if it was possible.

Maybe you could make the plugin-window resizable?
That would meet every individual need,

Cec

Posted by ndorigatti at Feb 16, 2018 9:37:49 AM
Heheheh I think it would be though... Java and Swing (programming language and UI components used here) are not the best to support responsive layouts...

I hope it is possible, but I have a few ideas/options for the developer:
- What about changing the Quality bar? we have only 4 options and it is huge, fast and best are taking a lot of space in addition to 1-2-3-4.... Maybe replace 1 and 4 with fast and best and keep 2 and 3 instead of replacing the whole component?

The lookAndFeel (that I did not understand why having that option, but maybe I missed some thread) should be a non frequent option to change (it is less important than picture size or quality, so it could stay in a "secondary" frame like advanced options, why not?
So we could have a new frame with:
Look and feel - Preview Picture Size - Any other option

And, this is completely IMHO, I would put the elapsed time bar under the "Advanced settings / Enhance Brightness" line, just to separate what will change the resulting image and require a stop-create (over that line) and what is modifying in live the UI and the components shown (below the progress bar), like lookandfeel.

Take this as some ideas from a developer that uses SH3D sometimes, and used a lot when planning a new home, so if you think is a stupid idea, feel free to tell it! biggrin biggrin

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 16, 2018 11:05:52 PM
@Ceciliabr
Maybe you could make the plugin-window resizable? That would meet every individual need

Proof by the image.

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 16, 2018 11:20:36 PM
@ndorigatti
What about changing the Quality bar? we have only 4 options and it is huge, fast and best are taking a lot of space in addition to 1-2-3-4.... Maybe replace 1 and 4 with fast and best and keep 2 and 3 instead of replacing the whole component?

The goal of the plug-in is to stay visually close to the standard photo panel while providing new options.
Personally, I occasionally use quality level 1 (3D view without shadow) and one of the higher quality levels (3 or 4) with the setting of SunFlow rendering engine.

The lookAndFeel (that I did not understand why having that option, but maybe I missed some thread) should be a non frequent option to change (it is less important than picture size or quality, so it could stay in a "secondary" frame like advanced options, why not?

This option is not related to the rendering but I have integrated it in the photo panel in order to modify the appearance of the interface.
The other solution is to use a script for the installer version as shown here with "-Dswing.defaultlaf=".
Available Look and Feels:
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
javax.swing.plaf.nimbus.NimbusLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.motif.MotifLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel
com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsClassicLookAndFeel

I would put the elapsed time bar under the "Advanced settings / Enhance Brightness" line, just to separate what will change the resulting image and require a stop-create (over that line) and what is modifying in live the UI and the components shown (below the progress bar)

This may be possible (see previous central image).

Posted by mirakels at Feb 21, 2018 7:28:20 AM
Maybe make 'quality' a drop down menu... It only has 4 choices so why a slider does not add much functionality

Posted by Ceciliabr at Feb 25, 2018 2:57:14 PM
@enkonyito

Resizable is king!

Now the next, ( and probably impossible) challenge is: Can the resizable photo renderer include a 3D preview? It would really "revolutionise" this program to have a combined preview- and render-window.

Cec

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 26, 2018 6:58:42 PM
Version 1.4.1
- resizable photo panel with modified layout
- display of the current version of the plug-in in the menu

Thanks to my beta testers Ceciliabr and hansmex for their feedback and to Emmanuel Puybaret for his advice! wink

Posted by Ceciliabr at Feb 27, 2018 12:59:16 AM
Resizable renderer with rendering in progress:

cec

Posted by bdfd at Feb 27, 2018 7:28:54 AM
Hi,

It's not my first installed plugin... but I got a problem.

I don't see anything :
1. in the options menu
2. in librairies list
3. but plugin is in the good sub-directory (green Arrow)

An idea ?
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by okh at Feb 27, 2018 9:33:14 AM
Congratulations, very nice. Thanks. The settings explanation in configureSunflowRenderingEngine.pdf from thread,6122 is quite necessary for me to grasp the advanced settings. If you consider updating it, do not hesitate to spell out in some more detail what the different settings mean. Even if I could find out for myself, some of the options slow down the rendering process quite a bit - and then it can be hard to find out when a setting is worth the trouble. But that is a detail, very nice work.
ok

Posted by Ceciliabr at Feb 27, 2018 8:38:02 PM
@enkonyito

Can the dark level options be included in the resizable?
It would be nice if it could smile

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 28, 2018 4:41:01 AM
@bdfd
I don't see anything :
1. in the options menu
2. in librairies list
3. but plugin is in the good sub-directory (green Arrow)

An idea ?
To install the plug-in and replace the old version, simply double-click on the PhotoVideoRendering.sh3p file included in the PhotoVideoRendering-1.4.1.zip folder.
Maybe I should display the current version in the Photo-video rendering menu?

@okh
The settings explanation in configureSunflowRenderingEngine.pdf from thread,6122 is quite necessary for me to grasp the advanced settings. If you consider updating it, do not hesitate to spell out in some more detail what the different settings mean.
It is true that this document on the setting of the SunFlow rendering engine is a bit dated and that an update would be necessary following the understanding of the interaction between certain parameters (managed by the plug-in).

@Ceciliabr
Can the dark level options be included in the resizable?
It would be nice if it could
The minimum night brightness (dark level 2) is included since version 1.4 of the plug-in.

Posted by bdfd at Feb 28, 2018 7:24:30 AM
To install the plug-in and replace the old version, simply double-click on the PhotoVideoRendering.sh3p file included in the PhotoVideoRendering-1.4.1.zip folder.
Maybe I should display the current version in the Photo-video rendering menu?
@enkonyito : YES !

It was the GOOD method. applause

I did an extraction by double-click from the zipped file... and after a double-click from the sh3p file by explorer... crying

but I have to leave the default PVR to see the new plugin... biggrin
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by okh at Feb 28, 2018 3:49:02 PM
Have tried the rendering plugin some more and really like the way it looks/feels/behaves. Maybe especially that the interface is clean and easy, but with a button for the advanced settings.
..document on the setting of the SunFlow rendering engine is a bit dated and that an update would be necessary...
Actually, there may be nothing wrong with the document. I suspect that in my case I may be the shortcoming as I am not patient enough to find out more about the terminology smile

Thanks again for nice work.

ok

Posted by Ceciliabr at Mar 2, 2018 3:47:47 PM
@enkonyito
The minimum night brightness (dark level 2) is included since version 1.4 of the plug-in.

That's fine, but how about the selectable options?

Is it possible?

Cec

Posted by enkonyito at Mar 3, 2018 7:23:26 PM
@Ceciliabr
That's fine, but how about the selectable options?

In the public version of the plug-in, the selectable dark level option has been removed in favor of code integration. This allows to have a simple and practical interface.
By default, the dark level 2 is chosen but it is possible to have the dark level 0 (at night hours) by selecting diffusedBounces = 0.

If you still want the selectable dark level option, I can make this beta test version of the plug-in resizable.

Posted by enkonyito at Mar 5, 2018 12:57:56 AM
Update of the document "Configure the SunFlow rendering engine ".
This version 2 describes the parameters and their interactions, with examples of rendering and an indication of the duration.

Posted by hansmex at Mar 5, 2018 7:24:14 AM
Thank you, Enko!!!
This may be useful for many people.

H
Dual boot - AMD FX6300 6-core, 16GB ram
Windows 10 Pro, SH3D 6.2 with 8 GB memory allowance
Ubuntu 18.04, SH3D 6.2 with 2 GB memory allowance

Posted by Ceciliabr at Mar 5, 2018 9:13:26 PM
it is possible to have the dark level 0 (at night hours) by selecting diffusedBounces = 0.

Perfect! Then that's all I need smile

Cec

Posted by enkonyito at Apr 13, 2018 9:57:57 PM
Corrective version 1.4.2
- minimum night brightness off for a time range of sky color
- offscreen image without rendering progress panel (quality 1 and 2)

Posted by bdfd at Apr 15, 2018 6:29:22 AM
Great ! applause

Perhaps add the version in the top of the window... wink
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by bdfd at Apr 16, 2018 5:02:25 PM
Corrective version 1.4.2
- minimum night brightness off for a time range of sky color
- offscreen image without rendering progress panel (quality 1 and 2)
Hi enko,

I got a problem in using PVR 1.4.2 this afternoon. sad

See belowed screenshot

it's been 01 hour that he informed me that there was 1mn33s !
I lost 2h46mn [moderated]

Do you know Why ?

This only concerns a square (red Arrow) and the last ???
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by enkonyito at Apr 17, 2018 1:46:53 AM
Hi bdfd,

Are you sure you are using the right version of the plug-in?
It is displayed in the menu and the panels.

Regarding your problem of rendering stuck at 99%, reproduces it
- without the enhencement of the external brightness?
- with a width of 640 pixels for example?
- with the standard photo panel of Sweet Home 3D?

It may happen that the rendering engine "crashes" on a particular object that requires a lot of computation.

The estimated remaining time is based on the percentage of progression and the elapsed time.

Enko Nyito

Posted by bdfd at Apr 17, 2018 6:48:57 AM
sad   Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in
Hi enko,

TY for your return.

But no, I haven't this window.

Step 1
Take at the begining to understand my problem.
On the belowed screen, here is the menu of sh3d 5.7 with files in sub-directory ( note the date and the size of the pvr ).

Step 2
I 've downloaded and installed pvr-1.4.2.sh3p

None update ???

Why ?

Step 3
I deleted old file and renamed new...
Launch !

! The option of the menu has disappeared !

Did you see this before ?

Do you have an explanation for me ?

smile
Manu, if you can help us eventually... wink
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by Puybaret at Apr 17, 2018 10:41:42 AM
I would quit Sweet Home 3D, remove all PhotoVideoRenderingxxx.sh3p files, install one again and relaunch Sweet Home 3D.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer

Posted by bdfd at Apr 17, 2018 1:29:19 PM
shock   Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in
I follow the process but none update.

More, I've lost an option of the menu...

sad
MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by enkonyito at Apr 21, 2018 12:12:20 AM
I do not know if this is the general case but I prefer to display the extensions of files whose type is known.
For example, the Sweet Home 3D types recognized by the operating system are sh3p (plugins), sh3f (furniture) and sh3l (languages). The sh3t type (textures) is not recognized as a Sweet Home 3D type.

By clicking Help -> About... -> Libraries... , you can only see the list of plug-ins recognized by Sweet Homme 3D even though many more are installed.

As Emmanuel Puybaret suggests, it can be useful to do a little cleaning by removing all plug-ins starting with PhotoVideoRendering or PVR especially if you have installed test versions.

Follow this method for installing the plug-in:
  • Download the latest version
  • Open the PhotoVideoRendering-xxx.zip compressed folder
  • Double-click on the PhotoVideoRendering.sh3p file
    (If you use the portable version of SH3D, put the .sh3p file in the data/plugins folder)

Sweet Home 3D then displays:
  • either a first installation message

• or a replacement message

click on Replace

Hoping that it will be useful to everyone!

• Posted by bdfd at Apr 21, 2018 2:53:28 PM
    TY Enko.

It works fine ! applause
    MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by enkonyito at May 28, 2018 5:46:24 PM
    Version 1.5
    - management of other types of light (PointLight, TriangleMeshLight)

Libraries Other types of light only compatible with this plug-in, containing:
    - 3 light panels of modifiable color
    - 6 light points of different colors
    Available in the Light sources category.

Posted by Ceciliabr at May 29, 2018 1:31:33 AM
    I love it!

We can see how beautiful the light panel makes the light fall on her hair and arms.

And we can see the point light reflecting in her eyes.

Great, great, great job!
    This takes lighting in SH3D to a new level.

Cecilia

Posted by enkonyito at May 29, 2018 3:25:50 AM
    We can see how beautiful the light panel makes the light fall on her hair and arms.

And we can see the point light reflecting in her eyes.
    Glad to see you've found a good use for these new lights!

I think so too.

I hope they will also be useful to others.

Enko

Posted by okh at May 29, 2018 11:53:51 AM
    It does indeed. Quite amazing. Congratulations and thanks, enkonyito! Without yet having had much time to experiment, it seems to me that the new light types can give softer illumination with fewer light sources, and that rendering (therefore?) will be faster. Looking forward to testing further even if I suspect I shall have to rely on examples and intructions to make full use of your work.

Forgive me for asking a couple of what probably may be silly questions/wishes:

• does the renderer rely on the description field to determine the type?
      description#1=PointLight type
      description#2=TriangleMeshLight type

• Would adding a planIcon# simplify placement of the different lights in the 2D view?
    • Could also having a TriangleMeshLight with other colours be useful?
      Something closer to incandecent (lightSourceColor#2=#BB9854) maybe?
    ok

Posted by enkonyito at May 30, 2018 3:56:45 AM
    @okh

it seems to me that the new light types can give softer illumination with fewer light sources
    This is especially true for light panels (TriangleMeshLight type) as shown in the Sunflow doc (page 54).
    I also found it in my renderings to simulate the interior natural light.

does the renderer rely on the description field to determine the type?
    Yes, the PhotoRenderer class uses the description of the light object to differentiate types.
    String lightDescription = light.getDescription();
    // SphereLight type
    if (lightDescription == null
    || lightDescription.contains("SphereLight")) {
    }
    // PointLight type
    else if (lightDescription.contains("PointLight")) {
    }
    // TriangleMeshLight type
    else if (lightDescription.contains("TriangleMeshLight")) {
    }
    We can then assign a type to a light we want to create.
    The TriangleMeshLight type is special because the coordinates of the vertices are statically encoded so the shape is limited to a single-sided panel.
    As it is rotating, nothing prevents to use it for an existing object.
    (Light panel #1: opaque when off, Light panel #2: invisible when off, Light panel #3: visible when selected and not viewable in rendering).

Would adding a planIcon# simplify placement of the different lights in the 2D view?
    For those I created, given their depths, it was not really necessary but if you want to add a type to the description of your lights it could be useful.

Could also having a TriangleMeshLight with other colours be useful?
    Something closer to incandecent (lightSourceColor#2=#BB9854) maybe?
    The default color is daylight (lightSourceColor#2=#6D7991) but since the PhotoRenderer class retrieves the color of the object to use as a light source color, you can change it.
    int lightColor = lightSource.getColor();
    HomeMaterial[] lightMaterial = light.getModelMaterials();
    if (light.getColor() != null) {
    lightColor = light.getColor();
    } else if (lightMaterial != null && lightMaterial.length == 1
    && lightMaterial[0].getColor() != null) {
    lightColor = lightMaterial[0].getColor();
    }

Posted by okh at May 30, 2018 2:22:38 PM
    Thanks for this. Did experiment some more, and - as you say - the light panels (TriangleMeshLight type) are especially useful for creating softer illumination. And very useful it is, as I cannot be bothered with lots of lightsources around the room to get the perfect render. With the TriangleMeshLight it is easy to shape and adjust with one or two lamps. Made one with incandescent colour, icon and planIcon. While it is true, that a planIcon does not show when the model is kept at zero depth, SH3D will let you resize also the depth, and voilà, the planIcon is visible showing the direction of the light. For now this does the trick for me. I might make a fireglow-ish one at some point (lots of fireplaces and candles here) and possibly experiment some with angles.

Thanks again - very very useful set of tools.

ok

Posted by bdfd at Jun 20, 2018 7:22:11 AM
    TY enkonyito ! hugs

I found a solution for my opaque windows with your objects and PVR 1.5. applause applause applause

In this first picture, light panels (in front of window) are at 0% : we see external flowers.

In this second picture, we have opacity and light with :
    at left of the door, the light panel is at 5%,
    at right of the door: a light panel is at 50%.
    => We don't see external objects, just light.

smile
    MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by r921vs at Jul 30, 2018 8:27:07 AM
    Very good tools! They give new opportunities. Thank you!
    [/img] https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/28d0/p1uv3t6tmfz8tnk6g.jpg

Posted by Mike53 at Sep 8, 2018 3:55:19 PM
    Hi enkonyito.
    Hopefully you will be able to help me. I am struggling to use the no.3 light source with 1.5 plug in.
    If i rotate it on x axis 90 degrees i get this :-

Good illumination but bad appearance

If i rotate it on x axis 270 degrees i get this :-

No illumination but good appearance

And if i use the icon from the tool bar

very good illumination but poor appearance

and i have no idea what is illuminating the outer frame of the garage door.

The other thing i have noticed is that if you resize or rotate the sources they appear normal in the plan, but, if you then copy / paste them they appear vertical again.
    If you'll pardon the pun, i hope you can shed some light on my issues, I am sure i am missing something.
    Mike

Posted by enkonyito at Sep 8, 2018 9:11:01 PM
    Hi Mike,

For the next version of the plug-in, there will be an update of the light source libraries with more explicit names.

Regarding the light panels, one side emits light and they do not work with the standard photo panel. The other side is invisible.
    - 90 degree rotation on the X axis: emitting face up
    - 270 degrees rotation on the X axis: emitting face down
    For the non-opaque light panel, the diagonal of the emitting face serves as a reference.

and i have no idea what is illuminating the outer frame of the garage door.
    The simplest is that you send me your file.

The other thing i do not know what they're doing, but if they're going to be back to normal, but if they're going to be vertical again.
    I did not encounter that kind of problem.

Enko

Posted by enkonyito at Oct 13, 2018 8:04:11 PM
    PhotoVideoRendering-1.6 plug-in
    - compatibility with Sweet Home 3D 6.0 and higher
    - management of new light sources
    - use of a light panel as room ceiling light
    - added Speed and Frame Rate fields in the video panel
    - possibility to choose the type of path in the video panel

OtherLightTypes-1.1 libraries compatible only with this plug-in
    - PointLight_type: 1 light point with modifiable color
    - SphereLight_type: 3 light spheres with modifiable color
    - TrianglemeshLight_type: 3 light panels including 2 with modifiable color

Posted by okh at Oct 13, 2018 8:21:52 PM
    Thank you. Important part of the 6.0 launch. Quick test looks good. ok

Posted by Mike53 at Oct 14, 2018 11:44:51 AM
    Hi enkonyito.
    Have to say i found these light sources far more user friendly, thanks for the work you put into them and 1.6

Here i have used 4 opaque panels @ 25% and 4 "unviewable" panels, these are elevated to 1100mm, set to 10% and light the ceiling.

Thanks again
    Mike

Posted by bdfd at Oct 18, 2018 7:28:24 AM
    smile   Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in
    PhotoVideoRendering-1.6 plug-in
    - compatibility with Sweet Home 3D 6.0 and higher
    - management of new light sources
    - use of a light panel as room ceiling light
    - added Speed and Frame Rate fields in the video panel
    - possibility to choose the type of path in the video panel

OtherLightTypes-1.1 libraries compatible only with this plug-in
    - PointLight_type: 1 light point with modifiable color
    - SphereLight_type: 3 light spheres with modifiable color
    - TrianglemeshLight_type: 3 light panels including 2 with modifiable color

Can not change the color of lights.

None problem for me.

Automatic and color work fine ! applause
    MSI GeForce RTX 2080 8Go

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Oct 22, 2018 1:00:05 AM
    Is this just imagination or does the new plug-in render much faster?
    Pascal

SH3D 6.2 / Ubuntu 18.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x

Posted by YGYL at Oct 22, 2018 4:55:02 PM
    biggrin   Re: Photo-video rendering plug-in
    Today I rendered 16 times to test the difference between the different items in "Advanced settings>Quality 4>samplerAlgorithm" option.

I found that "bucket" rendering is the best quality and takes up the least amount of GPU. "Fast" rendering is the fastest quality consuming GPU.

If you want GPU to take up a little more, I think there is only one way. Render with a fast rendered quadruple resolution. Then use software to reduce the screen size by 4 times.

Original image, not rendered

"bucket"-1000X500 Rendering time, 40 minutes

"fast"-4000X2000 Reduce size 1000X500 Rendering time, 26 minutes

The difference is only in the processing of light and shadow. Square rendering is more natural. But the rendering time for fast rendering is 40% less.

So I recommend
    1.adding one in the option, 4x supersampling for fast rendering.
    2.And render with smaller squares.
    3.Support for rendering pauses.
    4.And automatically save the file.
    5.Allow rendering of 16000X8000 resolution

Posted by YGYL at Oct 25, 2018 12:13:58 PM
    Another important thing to forget is to add a "pause" button after the rendering starts.
    The rendering time is very long and uses 100% CPU. If you encounter individual things at this time, you can't do it.

Posted by enkonyito at Feb 9, 2019 12:43:32 AM
    At this point, the plug-in will not evolve any more.

Compatibility with future versions of Sweet Home 3D will be maintained, as far as possible, for changes in rendering. (PhotoRenderer.java history )

Enko Nyito

Posted by enkonyito at Apr 24, 2019 10:23:13 PM
    While waiting for the next version of Sweet Home 3D, here is the latest beta 1.7 of the plug-in. This allows you to test the ambient lighting panels by activating "Add all ceiling lights" in the standard version of SH3D.
    To view the location of panels in the plan using polylines, you can use this utility.

Posted by Mike53 at May 5, 2019 6:25:04 PM
    Not sure, well no idea at all really, how much a plug can link with the main software, but, would it be possible to move the choice of having the ambient lighting on, and its slider, away from the render modification window and onto the room modification window.
    This way each room could be controlled individually, on, off and brightness.
    Mike

Posted by enkonyito at May 6, 2019 4:45:31 PM
    Not sure, well no idea at all really, how much a plug can link with the main software, but, would it be possible to move the choice of having the ambient lighting on, and its slider, away from the render modification window and onto the room modification window.
    This way each room could be controlled individually, on, off and brightness.
    Mike

It would be possible as here but it imposes some constraints.
    Given the size of rooms modification panel, the slider would not be very readable.
    The addition of such a feature is possible in a derived version but will require an update to each new version of Sweet Home 3D.
    The plug-in will have to be compatible with these 2 versions (standard and derived).

The easiest way is to make an official request for the ceiling lights power feature to be integrated into the standard version of SH3D.
    The plug-in will be able to retrieve this information and manage the ambient lighting panels.

Enko

Posted by Mike53 at May 6, 2019 9:41:10 PM
    I missed that one sorry m8

Posted by Ceciliabr at Jun 6, 2019 11:44:40 PM
    At this point, the plug-in will not evolve any more.

If it's not too much bother, could you please fix it so that the render window is not always on top? Being always on top, it's hiding important pop-ups that need attention.
    It's probably not a big operation, since it used to behave like a normal window in earlier versions.

Cecilia

Posted by enkonyito at Jun 8, 2019 2:53:17 AM
    If it's not too much bother, could you please fix it so that the render window is not always on top? Being always on top, it's hiding important pop-ups that need attention.
    It's probably not a big operation, since it used to behave like a normal window in earlier versions.

The standard photo panel, like the resizable photo panel, does not prevent other windows from appearing above it.

Since the first version of the plug-in, if you try to open another photo panel, the one that is already open is put in front.
    if (currentPhotoPanel == null) {
    new AdvancedPhotoPanel(...);
    } else {
    SwingUtilities.getWindowAncestor(currentPhotoPanel).toFront();
    }

Since I only use one screen, I did not notice any particular problem.
    If you use 2 or more screens, what behavior do you get by displaying the resizable photo panel (full screen or not) in a window other than the plan and trying to open another photo panel?

Enko

Posted by Ceciliabr at Jun 8, 2019 5:15:24 PM
    he standard photo panel, like the resizable photo panel, does not prevent other windows from appearing above it.
    Well, have a look at this:

http://ceciliabr.com/sh3d/Always-on-top.mov

Something must have been changed. It works fine prior to v1.6.
    I haven't mentioned this earlier, since I reconed it would go back to normal with v 1.7.

I'm on OSX, and it might not work the same way in Windows.

Hope you can fix it and that it's not causing you a lot of trouble:)

Cecilia.

Posted by enkonyito at Jun 9, 2019 7:32:39 PM
    Cecilia,

In view of your video, this is a regression on Mac OS X. However, there has been no change in the behavior of the photo panel.
    The only difference with previous versions is the compatibility of v1.6 with SH3D-6.0.
    Do you have the same problem with the standard photo panel?

For now, I think of 2 solutions:
    1- use the default behavior of the standard photo panel
    2- force the resizable photo panel to not always be on top

Has anyone noticed this bug on Linux?

Posted by Ceciliabr at Jun 9, 2019 9:21:12 PM
    Do you have the same problem with the standard photo panel?
    No.

As I said: If it's not too much bother. – and I really feel bad complaining about this.
    So don't worry about it.
    It's just a minor minor minor issue compared to the great great great advantages of using this beautiful plugin. I can easily work my way around this, as I have done for months now.

Cecilia

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 15, 2019 2:47:25 AM
    PhotoVideoRendering-1.7 plug-in
    - added an ambient lighting slider (simple photo panel)
    - fixed a bug in the management of curved lines (video panel)
    - fixed a bug in the management of speed values (video panel)
    - added other global illumination (rendering properties)
    - management of additional Sunflow options
    - compatibility with the standard version of SH3D and its derived version

AdditionalSunflowOptions-1.1 plug-in
    - Sunflow options to override shaders

SH3D-6.2_derived executable jar
    - added an independent ceiling light in each room
    - added Fake Ambient Term 2 global illumination
    - grouping the actions of a same plug-in in a menu
    - other minor enhancements

Enko Nyito

Posted by hansmex at Jul 15, 2019 6:54:39 AM
    Thank you for the new (version of the) plug-in and the JAR. I'm trying them out, but have some problems.

The JAR runs without problems under Windows 10 64-bits, but when I try to make a render I run into memory problems. The JAR runs in 32-bit mode and allows only 0.2 GB of memory, that's not enough to do any serious work. Can you increase the memory allowance, or offer a version that allows the standard installation?

Hans

Posted by MichaelN at Jul 15, 2019 6:14:50 PM
    Is there any Help for the Rendering Plugin? And it's common, that it needs several hours for 1600x Pixel?

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 15, 2019 11:50:47 PM
    @hansmex
    The JAR runs in 32-bit mode and allows only 0.2 GB of memory, that's not enough to do any serious work.
    You can run the JAR file with a script using java options like increasing the memory.
    java -Xmx2g -jar path/to/SH3D-6.2_derived.jar

Can you increase the memory allowance, or offer a version that allows the standard installation?
    Maintaining a derived version requires a lot more work than a plug-ing because you have to create a new one with every standard Sweet Home 3D update. What I do not plan to do...
    I released the version derived from SH3D-6.2 to show the possibilities of the modifications made to the program.

@MichaelN
    Is there any Help for the Rendering Plugin?
    This tutorial explains how the plug-in works for rendering properties.
    With PVR-1.7, "default" global illumination is replaced by "Ambient Occlusion" and "path" by "Path Tracing".

And it's common, that it needs several hours for 1600x Pixel?
    It depends on your scene (number of lights, activated ceiling lights, shininess of objects, enhancement of external brightness) and rendering settings (number of antialiasing, type of global illumination, type of sampler algorithm).

Examples:
    - comparative global illumination
    - additional Sunflow options
    - independent ceiling lights

Posted by hansmex at Jul 16, 2019 11:12:27 AM
    This doesn't work...
    - right-click on the Windows logo
    - select Run
    - java -Xmx8g -jar C:\Users\hans\Downloads\SH3D-6.2_derived.jar
    - nothing happens

Any suggestions?

Posted by UbuntuBirdy at Jul 16, 2019 3:27:50 PM
    Not sure if it works on Windoof, but go to your SweetHome3D directory, open the lib folder, rename the SweetHome3D.jar to anything else, rename the JAR-file from Enko to SweetHome3D.jar and copy it to the lib folder in your SweetHome3D directory.
    Then start your SweetHome3D as usual...
    Pascal

SH3D 6.2 / Ubuntu 18.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 1800x

Posted by enkonyito at Jul 17, 2019 9:56:41 PM
    This doesn't work...
    - right-click on the Windows logo
    - select Run
    - java -Xmx8g -jar C:\Users\hans\Downloads\SH3D-6.2_derived.jar
    - nothing happens

Any suggestions?

You can launch the JAR file
    - from a terminal:
    java -Xmx8g -jar "C:\Users\hans\Downloads\SH3D-6.2_derived.jar"

- from a .bat file in the same directory as the JAR:
    java -Xmx8g -jar SH3D-6.2_derived.jar

Enko

Posted by enkonyito at Aug 26, 2019 11:21:57 PM
    This beta version 1.8 of the photo plug-in will allow you to test the new shininess shaders and Sunflow standard options from version 1.2 of this other plug-in (Tools menu).

[Note: Updated download links to include video rendering and bug fixes in standard options.]
    Attachment PVR-1.8_betaTest2.sh3p (353864 bytes) (Download count: 21)

Attachment AdditionalSunflowOptions-1.2.sh3p (70930 bytes) (Download count: 13)

Attachment PVR-1.8_betaTest2a.sh3p (353801 bytes) (Download count: 14)

Attachment AdditionalSunflowOptions-1.2a.sh3p (70997 bytes) (Download count: 12)

Posted by Ceciliabr at Aug 27, 2019 9:52:45 PM
    Perfect!

After some testing, I have found that a buffer size of 48 is marginally faster than 64 and 32.
    Is it automatically detecting the number of threads available?

Quite oddly, it seems that choosing different bucket orders has an impact on the rendering time.
    This is rendered with column.

Hilbert : 39 s
    Spiral : 39 s
    Row : 38 s
    Column : 35 s
    Diagonal : 35 s
    Random: 48 s

I didn't try the reverse options – but I must admit I was somewhat curious about the reverse random...

I noticed no difference with the threads.lowPriority activated.

The project file is meant as an illustration of the rather hot inner core of the earth (intended for the education of my daughters),
    and I wanted it to spin, so I tried making a video.
    It seems the video will not render in Q4, but stops about half way.

I'm including the project file, in case anyone wants to give it a try ( 1280 x 536 )

Project file

Cec

Posted by enkonyito at Aug 28, 2019 7:03:28 PM
    @Ceciliabr

Is it automatically detecting the number of threads available?
    Yes, the number of threads by default is the number of available processors (CPU) that will be the maximum value because I noticed a bug by opening your file on my computer which has only 4 cores.

Quite oddly, it seems that choosing different bucket orders has an impact on the rendering time.
    I think it depends on the scene.
    With yours where the subject is central and the background black, the order has an influence especially on the calculation of the remaining time.

I didn't try the reverse options – but I must admit I was somewhat curious about the reverse random...
    The "reverse random" bucket order will be removed.

I noticed no difference with the threads.lowPriority activated.
    This is what I also found but I do not do any action in the plan or the 3D view during a rendering.

It seems the video will not render in Q4, but stops about half way.
    Version 1.7 of the plug-in uses only the default values of the new options.
    I will test with different video format because the lighting significantly increases the duration of the rendering.

Enko