Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 25
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1893 times and has 24 replies Next Thread
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to define multi-level hinge and rail of 3D model

Hi Keet
Thank you for the information you give me.
I read Dorin's notes and the attachments
Then, with the same logic as the subtraction of volumes from a solid, I built an object, in an SH3D with level h 12, with this sequence:

1 I built a circular wall and formed the relevant room (with floor but without ceiling (otherwise at the height of the level on which you draw you will actually form 2 rooms spaced in height as the height of the level) and I colored it (for test )
2 deleted the wall
3 extracted into obj and re-imported (rotated) as a door/window, I assigned it an INVISIBLE TEXTURE (found right on the forum)
4 built a test wall
5 imported a solid object from a library (in my case a worktop) and sized with the disk measurements), and positioned it exactly incorporating the window object.......then trying I moved it until only it appeared the circular hole in the wall....to test I exported and re-imported the wall that appeared perforated
6 I grouped disk and solid object (I also tried to export and import as door/window BUT IT DOESN'T WORK
7, however, the resized group maintaining the proportions WORKS very well, the only flaw is that the wall to be drilled must not have a thickness lower than that of the group
8 I also tried placing 2 concentric groups and it works, the second incorporates the first with a transparent centre, the only thing at this point is that in the upper part the wall is cut vertically for a stretch that is proportional to the size of the first.... .

THEN I THOUGHT, ahhhhhhhh it happens to old people too,........and I called myself stupid.
Then I just

1 I rebuilt the circular wall and formed the relevant room (this time with floor and ceiling) and I colored (as a test) the 2 floors in a different shape
2 deleted the wall
3 extracted into obj and re-imported (rotated) as door/window, I assigned the INVISIBLE TEXTURE to one of the floors
4 built a test wall
5 tried it works very well ON ANY WALL THICKNESS now I have an object to drill walls in a round shape, the only flaw.... if you import/reimport as a door/window you need to rotate the imported object so that the red part is in front of those who see...
if you download my sh3f from this rar, there is also the final object and its texture

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jxe0alqd7fbpojz/round_hole_wall.rar/file

See you soon, I'll keep playing
[Feb 15, 2024, 12:02:42 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Don't make it more difficult than necessary, use a cylinder instead of creating a room:

Drag a cylinder in your 2Dview,
resize as needed (width and depth, height doesn't matter),
set horizontal rotation to X 90°.
Export and import as window.

Much easier than creating a circular room with walls.
The same cylinder can be used as a non-window filler disk when you set its height to the wall thickness and export/import.

One thing: cutting a hole doesn't work on a curved wall. The cutout will always be sqaure.
by-the-way: start a new topic for a new subject.
The cutout problem is not related to the topic title hinge and rail. A new relavant topic title makes it easier when someone searches the forum for a specific problem.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Feb 15, 2024, 6:32:45 AM]
[Feb 15, 2024, 6:27:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Thanks Keet,
It's true that the cylinder method is simpler but the room method is valid for any shape the room has.......just draw the walls in the appropriate shape and you get the model with which to drill a STRAIGHT wall.... ... and can be resolved with an export/import even if only temporary (for the single purpose).......
This will be my last message on this post....I will open a new one if necessary.
Greetings and thanks again
[Feb 15, 2024, 10:35:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Keet
One last thing about this post.
I tried the cylinder method. Real easy.
To the advantage of my object, in addition to visually bringing the transparent view of the hole on the wall before exporting. it also does it visually for any solid positioned inside or even partially supported by the wall......exporting this object together with the wall will position it where it was visually placed.
In fact it is the same thing as the cylinder without having to make the materials of the cylinder invisible, with my object you just position yourself, nothing else
Furthermore, the thing would be repeated regardless of the form the original exported room had
If we hear back, it will be in another post.
Greetings
[Feb 15, 2024, 11:43:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
upiazzolla@hotmail.com

Italy

Hi Keet
In the topic of this post...
for my sliding door......the movement on the rail can be stopped somehow or is it a spatial direction.
I know I'm abusing but new things, new questions.
Thank you in advance for any response.
Greetings
[Feb 15, 2024, 4:02:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved