Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1072 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Dir

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
slopingCeilingGuide.pdf doesn't wok in SH3D 6.2

I'm trying to follow the slopingCeilingGuide.pdf guide but it doesn't seem to work with SH3D 6.2. I'm running ubuntu 18.04.

Specifically:
Section 2 - Sloping ceiling

2 - Select the top long wall, then right-click → Split walls to split the wall, then right-click → Modify walls to change the coordinates to 600,0.

When I select the top long wall then right-click and Split walls, the wall gets split into 2 - a left segment and a right segment. But it's the left bit that remains highlighted.
The instruction "...then right-click → Modify walls to change the coordinates to 600,0" is ambiguous. Do I do this to the left segment or the right? I eventually worked out that it must mean the right. It would help if this was clarified to be "... then select the right segment and right-click → ..."

6 - Click the Create rooms button and draw a room from coordinates 5,5 to 600,495.Use Plan → Edit room points
needs to be changed to "Use Plan → Edit points". I assume the menu item got renamed somewhere along the way.

Then it tells me that "This forms the horizontal part of the ceiling." but it doesn't. It forms a floor. The same problem in step 7. There needs to be an extra step added to modify the room and 'Display Ceiling'.

While I understand that a person using this guide is expected to have some amount of experience with SH3D, it would save people a bit of frustration for those that assume that they can follow the exact steps in the tutorial and get the same result. It took me about an hour just to work out why I couldn't get proper results even though I was following it exactly.
[Mar 18, 2020, 7:33:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: slopingCeilingGuide.pdf doesn't wok in SH3D 6.2

This guide written by the contributor Hans Dirkse is 9 years old! Thanks for your understanding...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 18, 2020, 12:56:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Is it only me, or does anyone else think Hans looks a little older than 9. wink
[Mar 18, 2020, 6:07:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

My English is certainly not perfect. How should I have written my sentence?
[Mar 18, 2020, 6:35:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Actually your grammar is probably better then mine, i just love to see or hear double meanings, this one tickled me, just in case the comment was misunderstood by anyone... sorry
[Mar 18, 2020, 8:48:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

No problem smile
A possible misunderstanding is a good point!
[Mar 18, 2020, 9:36:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved