Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4955 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
AndresEOED

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Online version: Ubuntu 18.04

I want to work with some people remotely on interior design. I am guessing that I need the online version.

I followed the recommendation of installing webstart first and running with the javaws command. I am guessing the webstart version is what allows me to use the online version. http://www.sweethome3d.com/download.jsp

:~/Java/jre1.8.0_241/bin$ javaws SweetHome3D.jnlp
selected jre: /usr/lib/jvm/default-java
WARNING: package javax.jnlp not in java.desktop
Unable to use Firefox's proxy settings. Using "DIRECT" as proxy type.
selected jre: /usr/lib/jvm/default-java
WARNING: package javax.jnlp not in java.desktop
Unable to use Firefox's proxy settings. Using "DIRECT" as proxy type.
Codebase matches codebase manifest attribute, and application is signed. Continuing. See: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technote...security/no_redeploy.html for details.
Starting application [com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3DBootstrap] ...
WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3 (http://www.sweethome3d.com/lib/SweetHome3D.jar) to method java.lang.ClassLoader.findLibrary(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.jogamp.common.os.NativeLibrary$3
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release
Inconsistency detected by ld.so: dl-lookup.c: 111: check_match: Assertion `version->filename == NULL || ! _dl_name_match_p (version->filename, map)' failed!

[Apr 6, 2020, 9:14:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Online version: Ubuntu 18.04

As of today, the Online version can still work only with IE under Windows.
Unless you decide to use an old browser version... in this case, you'll have to install Java Plug-in.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 7, 2020, 11:03:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

You can search online for the Portable Version, which SH developers got rid of to try and implement their tyrannical "freeware" shenanigans that cause you to lose everything you worked on from time to time, and force you to reinstall every piece of furniture one by one, to force you into buying their "freeware", that then deletes all of your stuff anyway.

After you get the portable version, you can all install it, with all of your backed up libraries, then upload the entire install to Amazon Cloud, and Sync that with all of your other users install, and everything you make will be shared and synced automatically through the cloud.

But SH3D has tried to put an end to people having control or even access to their own files, so it may be hard to find a Portable Version anywhere.
[Apr 21, 2020, 4:30:51 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
T3NZ3N

天下

Actually there is a new Portable 6.3 on the downloads page, that you can put on Amazon Cloud (limited to 5GB with your Prime Membership).

Download the 6.3 Portable version, copy and paste you Pref & XML files into the Portable /Data/ folder, upload the entire Folder to your Amazon Cloud, and Sync the folders in Amazon Photos app by enabling Sync in the program settings, and selecting the entire Portable 6.3 folder to sync with the entire folder on the cloud, then copy the 6.3 Portable folder from it's current location on your computer, to the Amazon drive File Sync Location on your computer.

Then it's much faster if you put it on a USB, and install it on everyone else's computers, so they don;t have to wait so long for it to download to their computers from Amazon Drive. Then they just have to sync their computers to the same Amazon Drive Folder, and install the Amazon App on their computers, and put the portable 6.3 in their Amazon drive Sync Folders on their computers.

I do this across my own different computers, but I think it will work the same by just syncing the folders with the Pref & XML files.

This also might give them access to your Amazon account, so maybe better if it's an office account, with maybe no credit cards saved to it.

I think if everyone is working on it at the same time there might be some problems with only the most recently updated one being synced, so maybe if you are working on them at different times, with about 5 minutes or so in between times people are working on it to be sure it is synced with the newest version before anyone else works on it, which isn't a problem with just sharing them across computers that only you will use.

That's the best solution I've found. Google Drive doesn't do it very well at all, and is quite difficult to manage.
[Apr 21, 2020, 5:38:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As indicated at the download page and in SourceForge.net download page, the portable version is available here (285 MB).
As you finally figured out, nothing is hidden and there's also no "tyrannical freeware shenanigans", because nothing is deleted in your back (your SH3D files as well as the imported 3D models / textures). Whatever you design with Sweet Home 3D, your SH3D files are the files which count the most for me, and I'm sad each time I can't repair a damaged file.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 4 times, last edit by Puybaret at Apr 22, 2020, 2:33:54 PM]
[Apr 22, 2020, 1:49:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved