Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 30
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 25853 times and has 29 replies Next Thread
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: PhotoVideoRenderingDemo

PhotoVideoRenderingDemo - sunlight simulation_YafaRay
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[May 23, 2020, 5:08:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Thats impressive.
[May 23, 2020, 6:52:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Thanks Mike!
The video rendering took about 4 hours.
EnkoNyito
[May 25, 2020, 2:33:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

How did you make it?
I would really like to produce something like this, but with a much slower pace.

Four hours is not long in my world. My last video rendered for five days – before it crashed and left me with nothing.
That was not the first time I had a crash during video rendering – in fact, ALL my video renderings have crashed at some point – leaving me with nothing. All this energy evaporating into thin air and causing nothing but a slight increase in global warming :)

I'm fully aware that not everyone can assign their computer to render for five days ( or more) and still lead a normal life, but I'm lucky to have more than one computer...
So I'm asking:
Is there any possibility that an unfinished video can be saved, like it is for an unfinished rendering?
I can easily do a "pick-up" from where it crashed and continue rendering from that point and onwards, since I store all my camera positions for the video.

I'm probably asking a lot, but you ARE the wizard, after all...

Cecilia
[May 26, 2020, 7:34:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@Cecilia

How did you make it?
I would really like to produce something like this, but with a much slower pace.
For my first video rendering with YafaRay, I chose a sunlight simulation.
In order to reduce the rendering time in SH3D, I used a speed of 2x with a frame rate of 25. Then I doubled the duration of the video in an editor.
The more recorded positions you have, the slower your animation will be.

My last video rendered for five days – before it crashed and left me with nothing.
That was not the first time I had a crash during video rendering – in fact, ALL my video renderings have crashed at some point – leaving me with nothing.
Video crashes only happen with the SunFlow rendering engine? It seems that your old bug doesn't happen with YafaRay.

Is there any possibility that an unfinished video can be saved, like it is for an unfinished rendering?
To make an animation, Sweet Home 3D assembles JPEG images into a Quicktime video.
The JPEGImagesToVideo class does not allow to recover the part of the animation which has already been rendered.
Unfortunately, an interrupted video is not playable.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[May 28, 2020, 1:15:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

Not a solution, but an alternative. In the past I've done some animations by using Multiple-Photo-Rendering to generate a series of still images to be combined externally . If SH3D falls over I at least have all the images generated to the point of failure.

To make this easier I created a plugin that exports and imports camera locations:

https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-ins/25/

The plugin can import more cameras than the SH3D would normally allow.

Because the import/export format is CSV I can easily write scripts or spreadsheets to generate sequences of camera locations.
[May 28, 2020, 11:27:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
digitaltrails

New Zealand

To make an animation, Sweet Home 3D assembles JPEG images into a Quicktime video.
The JPEGImagesToVideo class does not allow to recover the part of the animation which has already been rendered.
Unfortunately, an interrupted video is not playable.

Enko

If there was an option to write out the jpegs to a folder, a user would then have the option to reconstruct the video from the jpegs and to skip over the already rendered jpegs to continue after the point of failure.

Alternatively, like some cameras, there could be a configurable limit and the renderer could start a new video file after every n-frames or n-minutes. The resulting videos could also then be manually combined.
[May 28, 2020, 11:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Exactly, and there are several programs (Photoshop, AfterEffects) that can import image sequences. Jpeg- png- and tiff sequences are easy to process.
Since the Quicktome movie is not assembled until the image sequence is finished, the rendered images must be stored somewhere. In a temp folder I would assume?

Maybe a choice to create an image sequence or a quicktime movie could be an option?

Just wondering :)
[May 30, 2020, 1:35:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

SunFlow rendering :
- daylight panels
- path tracing
- sky lighting enabled

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Edit 1 times, last edit by enkonyito at Jun 5, 2020, 11:46:19 PM]
[Jun 4, 2020, 10:34:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Exactly, and there are several programs (Photoshop, AfterEffects) that can import image sequences. Jpeg- png- and tiff sequences are easy to process.
Since the Quicktome movie is not assembled until the image sequence is finished, the rendered images must be stored somewhere. In a temp folder I would assume?

Maybe a choice to create an image sequence or a quicktime movie could be an option?

Just wondering :)

For the standard SH3D video panel, a temporary .mov file is created while for my plug-in it is created live.

Unfortunately the images are not stored in any folder even temporary.
Perhaps it should be asked of Puybaret.
EnkoNyito
[Jul 26, 2020, 10:24:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved