Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2551 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
docsnyder

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
[Q] Merge several plans

Hi sweeties!
Although my question should not be hard to be answered, I didn't find any solution via FAQ or google.
Question: I made plans of several rooms separately. Now, I want to make a new plan "my flat" merging all the single plans into "one" single plan. How this can be done?
As a first guess, I marked all objects of a room and copied them into the clipboard. But, creating a new plan (the "big one") opens a new window (instead opening a new plan as a new TAB inside the already running application). Within the new plan, the "paste" option is inactive, so I can't paste the content of the clipboard.
Any idea? What I am doing wrong?
Any help is appreciated.
[Apr 18, 2020, 4:10:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: [Q] Merge several plans

You can have more than one instance of SH3D running at the same time. Copy in #1, than paste in #2.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 18, 2020, 5:18:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

On the new plan click on plan window or on furniture list then You could paste what You have in clipboard.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Apr 18, 2020, 8:41:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shroom

Hi, it says this doesn't work on Linux maybe, and unfortunately it doesn't. So is there another option?
[Aug 13, 2020, 2:28:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What error or unexpected behavior do you get?
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 14, 2020, 6:29:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Same problem here. Have 2 instances open. Copy a wall in one and try to past into the other. But nothing happens.
LinuxMint20 cinnamon, SH3D 6.2
[Sep 1, 2020, 11:27:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Open the second instance from the first one, with File > Open or File > Open recent, and be sure to give the focus to the plan in the document where you want to paste items.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 1, 2020, 1:18:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Can confirm that the last advice is working! Thanks for a useful program with many features.
[Sep 2, 2020, 7:57:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

This nifty trick should go into the help manual...
[Edit 1 times, last edit by harbinger at Sep 4, 2020, 7:09:12 AM]
[Sep 3, 2020, 3:54:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

There is a nifty trick as I discovered using it.
The opened 2nd instance needs more then one level. If it has 2 levels, I can only copy to level 0.
Something I can live with once I know it. I use it as I designed a 4 storey villa. To create the interior with furniture and wallpaper I copy each storey into an extra file. This way my file size stays smaller too.
[Sep 4, 2020, 6:51:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved