Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 16
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 30680 times and has 15 replies Next Thread
SixOfSpades

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: The Stroppy Ox

I love the chiaroscuro (semi-darkness) atmosphere of candlelight! smile
To simulate indoor daylight, you can use light spheres or light panels.

Thanks! I found that the visual contrast provided by dim lighting made the place look more realistic and 3-dimensional, as well as warmer, which is largely why so many of the pictures are nighttime shots. I simulated candlelight by stacking Fireglow & Incandescent light sources (both at 10% intensity) on the same point. But 10% is probably too powerful; it works well when there's just a single candle, but 3 such candles together looks too bright--see the "parlor" area of Room 7 for an example. In most of the other pictures, I turned the other triple-candles down to just 5% Fireglow and 5% Incandescent each. Once I download the current version of SweetHome 3D (I'm only using v5.3 at the moment), I'm going to try to create a Candle Flame item, which could be placed atop existing candles. Right now, my candles are just white sticks with disembodied glows hovering above them, and being able to see an actual flame would be a real improvement.

What is a "Light panel"? A regular light source, but stretched out flat instead of being round? Does it shine in only 1 direction?
[Apr 24, 2020, 12:38:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

What is a "Light panel"? A regular light source, but stretched out flat instead of being round? Does it shine in only 1 direction?

Yes it is a flat light that lights in one direction and is only compatible (for the moment?) with the PhotoVideoRendering plug-in.
The other solution uses a round light as in this tutorial.
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Apr 24, 2020, 5:44:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Impressive construction!
Great job!
What more can I say...

Looking forward to see what you can do with Enko's light panels and the Simple Photo Rendering plugin.

Cecilia
[Apr 25, 2020, 9:39:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Wolf1066

New Zealand

That's a helluva lot of work you've done there. Really impressive.
----------------------------------------
Crazy Kiwi bloke

Debian "buster" 10 64bit
Sweet Home 3D 6.3 64bit
i5 Quad-core 3.1GHz
8GB 1333MHz DDR3 RAM
[Apr 26, 2020, 3:55:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SixOfSpades

United States

The other solution uses a round light as in this tutorial.

From the tutorial: "You could expect that the sunlight would be enough to light the scene, but when a picture is computed at a point of view placed in a house, sunlight actually doesn't produce that much light in Sweet Home 3D,"
Yeah, I found that out for myself--which was reason #3 why so few of my interior pictures are sunlit. But I didn't want to "cheat" by adding in non-diegetic light sources; the sole exception was that in one of my pictures of the scullery, I added in a tiny little light (like 2% or so) behind the island, so you could see that there's a cat looking out at you from behind the stepladder.

Looking forward to see what you can do with Enko's light panels and the Simple Photo Rendering plugin.

Is there a difference between the Simple Photo Rendering plugin and the Create Photo tool?

Thanks for the praise, everyone. biggrin Yeah, I put a lot of time into this--I tend to be something of a perfectionist with my hobby projects.
[Apr 30, 2020, 1:23:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Is there a difference between the Simple Photo Rendering plugin and the Create Photo tool?
The major difference is that the simple photo rendering plugin works with the Other light types. Both the plugin and the lights are created by Enkonyito.

I didn't want to "cheat" by adding in non-diegetic light sources
Lighting is not cheating.
Nearly all professionals use artificial lighting for interiors.

Our eyes have a dynamic range that no camera can match.
That's why we use artificial lighting, both to compress the dymanic range, and to highlight essential details.

Cecilia
[May 3, 2020, 12:12:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved