Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 10553 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Illustrations - some napshots made with YafaRay.

Project 1:

The Old Flat

(An old colonel dies, and his granddaughter moves into his apartment. During the following weeks she finds herself in the role of an explorer, as she is working her way trough the old colonels gatherings – his notebook, his collection of old letters and his collection of photographs – and she finds that there’s a lot about her grandfather that has been kept secret from her.
"The winner always shapes history. Terrorists become heroes, as the opponents heroes become criminals and terrorists. They say history is repeating itself. How can history be repeating itself if history a lie? They are called revisionists, those who seek the truth.” )

The livingroom.

Original-render

Testing the daylight panel. This is the original png, rendered at 1280px. Never gor around to create a larger image.

A closer view.

Original

An even closer view – testing the quality of my textures.

YafaTest-fixed-living-room-3.png

YafaTest_desk-3.png

YafaTest_Cherry.png

Another daylight panel test. Original png, rendered at 1280px.

An attempt to render a detailed view of the breakfast table.

Kitchen-table.png

"We are not witnessing anything anymore – we are not suffering anymore – we are not suffering like we used to, before... before we got rich and the towelheads came here to blow themselves and us to kingdom come, believing to be entertained by a bunch of succulent young beauties, in their afterlife. Who cares about a deconstructed view of a post war hero... who cares about the boring norms of realism, about the exploded view of a hundred and eight year old man-of-honour... believe me; we should consider ourselves lucky to go out with a blast... to finally escape!"

Her own challenges could not compete, but still...

Bedroom-6.png

Cecilia
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Ceciliabr at May 26, 2020, 10:18:38 PM]
[May 26, 2020, 10:16:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Illustrations - some napshots made with YafaRay.

Nice bowl of cherries!

The daylight panels will have their color modifiable in the next version of the plug-in.
For opaque automatic panels, is the difference between SunFlow and YafaRay annoying?
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[May 28, 2020, 1:35:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Really amazing renderings ( as always). The breakfast must have taken hours to render.
But "napshots"...? That's a new one :)

Are these out-of-the-box renderings? No post production?

Xiste
[May 29, 2020, 7:47:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nauthiz

Poland

Cecilia, your renderings are really amazing and the tips you share in your posts are just priceless. I've learned a lot.

I'm also very intrigued by the stories behind your illustrations. Do you write them down? Is it possible to read them somewhere?...

And another question about the human models - are they ready made as it is, or do you pose them in another software and import into SH3D?
[May 30, 2020, 9:50:17 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

For opaque automatic panels, is the difference between SunFlow and YafaRay annoying?

Maybe, and maybe not. It depends on if they are emitting ( like illum 0 ) or just showing a coloured surface.

Nice bowl of cherries!
Thank you! It took nine hours to render :)
[May 30, 2020, 1:55:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

But "napshots"...? That's a new one :)
Just trying to be funny. I actually fell asleep in front of the computer while rendering some of these images.

It was really the cherries that took a long time. The breakfast table was among the images that were auto-rendered overnight, so I'm not exactly sure how long it took. But I like it a lot. I will do some more renderings of the kitchen, once I get the details in place.

Are these out-of-the-box renderings? No post production?
If I do any postproduction, apart from downsizing, I make sure to mention it. I think shots presented in the Gallery should be out-of-the-box, as you put it, in order to reflect a true presentation of SH3D's capabilities.

Thanks for your comment.

Cecilia
[May 30, 2020, 2:12:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

Hi Nauthiz.
An intriguing user name, indeed. Most certainly not chosen by coincidence wink

Do I write stories? Yes, I do. All the time. Mostly I write them for my girls – a sort of complementary education, adding some usefull info about history, ethichs and relations, something that they won't get in school.
For many years I dreamed of becoming a writer, and I have stopped counting how many writing classes I have taken. I write in Norwegian, since I'm half Norwegian, half Danish, and have lived in Norway most of my life. Although I moved to Copenhagen six years ago, my writing language is still Norwegian. So, unless you are reading Norwegian, I guess it's no use directing you to my old blog. Google translate is far from able to convey the subtleties of the Norwegian language.

And another question about the human models - are they ready made as it is, or do you pose them in another software and import into SH3D?

I make and rig my human models with Poser Pro and import them to SH3D. The way I do this is f.i. if I need a model to sit down, I export an obj file of what they shall sit on from SH3D and import it in Poser. Then I create and rig the person in Poser. You can modify and translate bodies and faces, and even make a person speak.

Here is a screenshot from Poser, showing the girl that is reflected in the mirror. The bed was imported from SH3D. The girl and the blanket was added with Poser, and exported as an obj file.

Thanks for your nice words, Nauthiz. Really appreciated.

Cecilia
[May 30, 2020, 3:43:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Nauthiz

Poland

An intriguing user name, indeed. Most certainly not chosen by coincidence wink

Well, as the story goes, more then twenty years ago I was setting my very first email account and I needed to think up a nickname really quick, and a nordic rune seemed to be a good choice. It's vaguely related to my real name (Anna). It just stuck and has served me well all these years. wink
So, unless you are reading Norwegian, I guess it's no use directing you to my old blog. Google translate is far from able to convey the subtleties of the Norwegian language.

Well, my current knowledge of Norwegian is limited to about fifty words and it all comes from being a black metal music fan, so I guess it wouldn't be very useful. smile But then a few years ago I suprised myself by learning Russian (going from a beginner level to speaking fluently in three years), so the hope is still there. I'm quite good with foreign languages and if I've ever had to choose another one to learn, Norwegian is among the top five. I really love the sound of it.

I must admit I'm tempted to give it a go with Google Translate, as it got a bit better recently, but I guess that even if I'd got the story, all your work as a writer would still be lost in translation. So maybe better not.

Ant thank you for all the explaining about Poser Pro and human models. That's exactly what I planned to try to do in Blender someday, although I was thinking more like posing the mannequin, exporting it to Blender and duplicating its pose with the rigged character...
[May 30, 2020, 7:10:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ceciliabr
Advanced Member

Denmark

@enko,

sorry, my head was in a different place when I replied.
My answer is no. A difference between Sunflow and YafaRay is not annoying at all.
[May 31, 2020, 5:04:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved