Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 11898 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Dir

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
First time user, first woodworking project - Library bookshelves with built-in lighting and bar

I've documented the build here but basically I decided I wanted to build some bookshelves. I gave up on Windows years ago so I wanted a linux solution and decided on SH3D.

It took me a while to get my head around how to use it and get it to do what I wanted, which had little to do with designing a home and more about reproducing a small section of my house and then creating bookshelves.

I've also started using SH3D to design my home theatre and another set of bookshelves, so I'll post those when I get to completion.

I think I've now mastered the art of using SH3D walls to create furniture!
[Jun 5, 2020, 2:39:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dir

Canada
Re: First time user, first woodworking project - Library bookshelves with built-in lighting and bar

Here's the SH3D rendering:
[Jun 5, 2020, 2:41:26 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: First time user, first woodworking project - Library bookshelves with built-in lighting and bar

Excellent to compare with the real world. wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jun 5, 2020, 6:39:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Excellent work from so many points of view.
1 question, is each length of timber a separate wall, if so did you use these length's when creating your cutting list?
Great choice using recessed lighting, sets it off perfectly.
Mike
[Jun 9, 2020, 6:11:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Gildaniel
Advanced Member

Russia

Very nice piece of design!
[Jun 10, 2020, 8:53:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

Cool!
And it shows what a perfect tool SH3D is.
Great work!

Xiste
[Jun 16, 2020, 7:14:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Dir

Canada

Here's a view
https://i.imgur.com/hPfdfDs.jpg
of one of the sh3d design sheets showing how some of the pieces connect together.
[Jul 3, 2020, 8:08:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved