Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5788 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
SEBERRIDER

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
how to make a door or window openable

Good evening everybody,

i use sh3d for about a half year now and i tried to build some furniture for now. Could someone tell me a simple way to make doors and windows openable, if the obj files were made with sh3d? Could this be made with ArtOfIllusions? I tried it with AOI and Blender, but Blender for example is such a complex tool, that i did not get achieed it. I also searched for good video tutorials, but even with them i did not get it work.

Would someone be so nice to help me?

Thank you for your support.
[Jun 7, 2020, 9:14:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: how to make a door or window openable

Sorry, there's no simple way, you have to name some parts of the 3D model, respecting these explanations. Looking at all the examples provided in the link should help you though.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 8, 2020, 8:41:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SEBERRIDER

Hi Emmanuel,

thank you very much for the link. I read it and got through.

So the next question now is how to create the quarter circle at the box in the 2D view.

And another question: Is it possible to hide shapes in the modify furniture dialog?

For both topics i searched the forum, but i couldn't find a suitable answer.

Thank you.
[Jun 10, 2020, 10:52:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SEBERRIDER

Hello,

now i found this thread: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,2006 so i do not need an answer for this question any more.

Thank you.
[Jun 11, 2020, 12:21:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And to hide some parts, you can make invisible its material in the furniture materials dialog box.

But you may have to reorganize your materials list to be able to hide only the geometries you want.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 11, 2020, 7:03:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved