Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2965 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
azgooon

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
issue with black spot when rendering custom wall lamp

Hi,

I am having a weird issue with my custom "outdoor lamp" I have created object of the lamp, imported it as all other objects previously, set materials to be "coloured" from outside and transparent from inside,
set up properties in PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties file to:

name#29=Outdoor lamp
tags#29=Outdoor lamp
category#29=Lights
icon#29=/Outdoor lamp.png
model#29=/Outdoor lamp/Outdoor_lamp.obj
multiPartModel#29=true
width#29=30
depth#29=7
height#29=30
dropOnTopElevation#29=-1
movable#29=true
doorOrWindow#29=false
lightSourceX#29=15
lightSourceY#29=5.1
lightSourceZ#29=15
lightSourceColor#29=#6D7991
lightSourceDiameter#29=25
elevation#29=230
modelSize#29=285764

but unfortunately, no matter what I do I do get a black spot on my lamp which appears to be a source of the light (I think)

I have been playing around with light properties but no matter what I do I cannot get rid of this black spot.

To make things easier I have also uploaded my obj file and can be downloaded here

I have also one question which perhaps is related to the initial problem... is source light completely "in sweet home 3d" functionality do I need a group or object within the file which will "act" like a light source? in a similar way as hinges for openings?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
[Jun 11, 2020, 5:43:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alaX

Poland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: issue with black spot when rendering custom wall lamp

The dark spot is where the light source intersects the surface. Your light source is too big and doesn't fit inside the lamp shade. Use smaller light source(4-5cm) and maybe more than one.
[Jun 13, 2020, 7:32:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved