Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4863 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
Eli_s

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Rendering speed is extremely slow comparing to a similar image.

Hey Everybody,

I'd really appreciate if someone might have some insights regarding this issue.

I can't understand why when i'm rendering 2 different models with a generally speaking similar size and content (both models are of art galleries, both have ceiling and floor textures)
One of them renders relatively fast Model A - 13m20s
The other one is for some reason much much slower - Model B - 1h33m5s
For both I am using the "Simple photo rendering 2.0" plugin with the same conditions and rendering settings:
1,500 x 1,000 px, Quality: 4, default lens, same time of day, no ceiling lights or sky lighting and SunFlow rendering engine (with exactly the same settings).

When I use the "Simple photo rendering 2.0" plugin and chose Yafaray as the rendering engine the difference is very similar.

I'v even tried to turn off textures for both ceiling and floor and even switched off the pillars but it feels quite the same.

Any idea why would the difference in rendering time with the same method for a similarly empty space would be so dramatic ??

When I use "Yafaray Rendering-1.3" it does appear to render faster but as it is impossible to render with it multiple photos
it is not useful for me because I can't leave a batch of points of view to render over night..

Many many thanks,

Elis

[Jul 3, 2020, 7:58:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Rendering speed is extremely slow comparing to a similar image.

I can't understand why when i'm rendering 2 different models with a generally speaking similar size and content (both models are of art galleries, both have ceiling and floor textures)
One of them renders relatively fast Model A - 13m20s
The other one is for some reason much much slower - Model B - 1h33m5s
For both I am using the "Simple photo rendering 2.0" plugin with the same conditions and rendering settings:
1,500 x 1,000 px, Quality: 4, default lens, same time of day, no ceiling lights or sky lighting and SunFlow rendering engine (with exactly the same settings).

Hi Elis,

It would be interesting to have an example of model A rendering.
Are the 2 models in the same file or in different files? Each file has its own saved rendering settings.

Do you notice the same time difference with the standard Sweet Home 3D photo panel that uses the SunFlow rendering engine?

To better understand your problem, if possible, you could make your project accessible to perform tests.

Enko
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jul 4, 2020, 10:09:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Eli_s

Germany
sad Re: Rendering speed is extremely slow comparing to a similar image.

Hey Enko,

Thank you for your reply.

By mistake I added the same captions to both images, the upper one is actually model A. Sorry for that. I'll re-add them here with correct info.
Are the 2 models in the same file or in different files? Each file has its own saved rendering settings.

The different models are in separate files but i'v went over the rendering settings and made sure they are the same. Even when I render model A with 3D models of sculptures and framed photo's on the walls it still renders much faster than model B.
Do you notice the same time difference with the standard Sweet Home 3D photo panel that uses the SunFlow rendering engine?

I tried rendering them both with the standard SH3D "Create photo" dialog and it appears to work similarly, Model A rendering noticeably faster than Model B.

When I use the "Simple photo rendering 2.0" plugin and chose Yafaray as the engine it is as slow or possibly slower than the SunFlow engine but the standalone YafaRay 1.3 Plugin works substantially faster.. any ideas why is that?
Or maybe its possible to change the "Simple photo rendering 2.0" YafaRay settings to be like the ones of the standalone one (which I don't know) to make it work as fast?

Could subtle differences (a slightly lower ceiling, different textures, a couple more doors, etc') in the design of these two empty models could lead to such a dramatic difference in rendering time?

Unfortunately at the moment I can't share the models because its a work in progress.. sorry for that.

Many thanks!
E.

[Jul 6, 2020, 8:13:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

Re: Rendering speed is extremely slow comparing to a similar image.

I tried rendering them both with the standard SH3D "Create photo" dialog and it appears to work similarly, Model A rendering noticeably faster than Model B.
If the number of lights and their light power is the same in both models, it means that at least one object in Model B takes time to calculate the rendering independently of the photo panel used.

When I use the "Simple photo rendering 2.0" plugin and chose Yafaray as the engine it is as slow or possibly slower than the SunFlow engine but the standalone YafaRay 1.3 Plugin works substantially faster.. any ideas why is that?
Or maybe its possible to change the "Simple photo rendering 2.0" YafaRay settings to be like the ones of the standalone one (which I don't know) to make it work as fast?
The parameters of the YafarayRendering-1.3 plug-in are different from those of the PhotoVideoRendering-2.0 plug-in because it takes into account the multiplication factor for sampling.
----------------------------------------
EnkoNyito
[Jul 6, 2020, 4:34:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved