Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4343 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
ssandison

United Kingdom
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Marketplace for layouts

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and Sweet Home 3D. I am a web developer so this is all very new to me. I am starting to get to grips with the software and I think it's really cool.

I'm not too bad with taking an existing layout and editing it. I find this is the best way for me to learn my way around something new.

Are there any market places where pre-designed layouts are sold? I have seen quite a few sites selling blender and 3DS max layouts but not SH3D layouts. I've found blender just to mind blowing for me at this stage.

Is there a way to get the same level of photo realistic renderings from SH3D as can be achieved from blender etc?

I'm also struggling with some of the models I want to import from the sketchup 3D warehouse. Is there a good method to follow when importing that I am somehow missing? I have for example when importing people made invisible the edge layer in materials and that seems to work but other objects I can't seem to get right.

The project I am working on is to build a 360 pano with marzipano of a large conference room and have 3D objects in the room such as screens and banner stands etc.
[Jul 9, 2020, 8:19:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Marketplace for layouts

Hello,

I'm not aware of market places proposing SH3D layouts. The home of each user is different so I'm not sure such a place would be very profitable. It could propose some houses, but Sweet Home 3D isn't really an application for architecture too.

To get photo realistic renderings, please read the tutorial http://www.sweethome3d.com/blog/2016/12/24/ho...nice_photo_rendering.html. You could also try the YafaRay rendering plug-in.

About edges recently added on 3D Warehouse models, read this subject.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 11, 2020, 12:53:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved