Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6365 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
harbinger

US
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3D model request: Pie shaped primitives

I have looked all over the web for a 3D model that I can use to make a stairway. What I need is a truncated pie-shaped wedge which will be used as a single step in a circular stairway. I do a lot of stairwells inside round towers and I need to form the stairs depending on different radiuses.

If anyone it's up to the task I'm requesting a 3D model that I can import into sh3d that looks like a portion of a disk, but instead it's a pie-shaped section. Imagine a disk with a hole in the middle but instead of going 360 degrees around, the arc only goes around 6 degrees. I actually need models that use a 5-degree arc, 6 degrees, and 11-1/4 degrees. With these I can make just about any stairwell I need. To account for the inner wall, the radius should begin at a quarter, 1/3, and halfway out towards the outer circumference.

Can anyone provide these 9 models that can be imported into the program? Any floor plans I publish or share will give credit.
[Jul 13, 2020, 8:17:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Re: 3D model request: Pie shaped primitives

You should be able to create any shape of this type using walls and floors. Go to preferences set wall height and thickness to something like 3mm (1/8), draw a rectangle of walls approx the size of the tread needed. then modify each wall, length angle and arc to achieve the size and shape you need. Select the room tool and double click within your walls. Add another level to your plan, you can set its depth to match your tread. Copy/paste the room from the ground level to your added level. select the room and go to modify, uncheck the boxes for area and ceiling. Finally export it and import it
[Jul 13, 2020, 9:29:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

Good idea! I'll try that!
[Jul 13, 2020, 10:38:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Something like this? Steps
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Jul 13, 2020, 10:50:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
harbinger

US

That's EXACTLY what I'm talkin about! YOU ROCK! You just saved me a ton of work...
[Jul 14, 2020, 12:35:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coldcomfort

Another way to do it, if you don't want to make the shape in sketchup, is by using the triangular box. Make the steps over sized, going through the walls to fill the space. And where there's an empty space left just fill that with another smaller triangle, oriented accordingly. It is the most straightforward way, short of making the exact shape that you need.

P.S.There's a little glitch though, some holes will appear in the ground surface projected from the smaller triangular boxes inside the wall. Easy to patch with, you guessed it -another triangular box-. It's triangular boxes all the way down.
[Aug 31, 2020, 11:29:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved