Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1439 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
NemaTode

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Unable to access this forum on WiFi - "spamming IP address detected"

For several days, the only way I can access this forum is via a cellular data connection - on wifi, every time I Google and issue and click the link to the thread, I get a "HTTP Status 403 - Forbidden" and "Spamming IP address detected." I'm not a spammer, I have a normal internet connection from a major provider.

How do I solve this? It's frustrating trying to learn new software when I can't access the forum.
[Jul 26, 2020, 8:08:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NemaTode

Re: Unable to access this forum on WiFi - "spamming IP address detected"

Update: I called my ISP and they have assigned a different IP address. Hopefully this is the end of the problem.
[Jul 27, 2020, 2:38:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Looks like your ISP agreed that your IP address was used in the past to send some spams, and great that they accepted to change yours.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 27, 2020, 10:58:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NemaTode

Looks like your ISP agreed that your IP address was used in the past to send some spams, and great that they accepted to change yours.

Actually my ISP never acknowledged that the IP address had ever sent spam and I have no reason to think it was. Since I have had no problems with any other website blacklisting me - now or in the past 15 years - it seems equally likely that my IP address was flagged in error by this forum's software. At first I tried to access the forum through a VPN which worked once - then all the VPN addresses were blacklisted as well. Then I resorted to accessing this forum via my cellular data connection - then that was blacklisted. In the end, I had to remote access a family member's computer in order to post this thread. WTF? All I was trying to do is learn how to use this software (only to realize in the end the basic functionality I was seeking doesn't even exist in SH3D).

In the end I've decided to abandon SH3D in favour of paid software after learning how many features and functions SH3D lacks (the lack of precise wall locationing and the lack of front elevation views sealed the deal).
[Jul 27, 2020, 4:23:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved