Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 7186 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Lee.BlackwoodIT

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Totally unusable (Microsoft Store Version)

Hi,

I've bought the version from Microsoft store.
It's totally mental, everything jumping all over the place.
Got to share a video to see because it's hard to explain just how crazy it is.

Two videos:
https://streamable.com/1zryq4
https://streamable.com/y7jhj8

PC Spec:
Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1909
Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4
RTX2080 Super, DX12
NVIDIA Driver Version 445.87

Cheers
[Jul 28, 2020, 12:51:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Totally unusable (Microsoft Store Version)

I guessed you encountered the bug #684.
If you use monitoring display software like MSI afterburner / Riva Turner / Discord / NVidia Experience, please turn it off.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 28, 2020, 2:19:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lee.BlackwoodIT

UK

Closed Geforce Experience / NVIDIA Control Panel
Closed Aquasnap
Closed Discord
Closed iCUE
Closed Logitech Gaming Software
Closed Wallpaper Engine

No change unfortunately.
[Jul 28, 2020, 3:28:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Lee.BlackwoodIT

UK

It was the Asus Audio Nahimic service.
[Jul 30, 2020, 2:27:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Great you found out!
But I'm amazed to learn that an audio service could provoke errors in an application which doesn't play sounds.
[Jul 30, 2020, 3:26:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
cheetah22

Canada

I created a login just to reply to this, and it is not an isolated issue. I had the exact same issue in windows 10 and stopping the nahamic service solved the issue.

Starting and stopping the service each time is little bit inconvenient though, and Sweethome3d would be unusable if it isn't stopped. Since sweethome3d doesn't play sounds, an option to "stop nahamic service on start and start nahamic service on closing" would be a convenience option.
[Sep 26, 2020, 2:56:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thank you Scott for your feedback. I think it would be better to report this issue to Asus.
[Sep 28, 2020, 8:43:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MadAd

Finally it works!! Havnt been able to use SH3D for years now because of this bug but thought id check to see if anything changed in the latest version, but it was still bugged.

So I came here, read up and started to look for this Nahimic service, couldnt find it but something clicked when I read their website, I recognised their sonic radar feature as I have that feature on my Asus Strix soundcard panel, so searched my C drive and indeed i have Nahimic files and dlls, so just had to work out what to disable.

Well in the end it was simpler than that, Id swapped my windows sound primary source (popup on sound icon in windows tray) to my bluetooth gaming headset and when I loaded SH3D nothing broke! Closed it and re-selected my Strix sound card, loaded SH3D, broken af glitching everywhere like before, back to headset, reload, no issues.

So I expect anyone with an Asus Strix soundcard will have the problem and they wont even see the Nahimic service as it runs as part of the card software.

So yeah, just wanted to confirm that this Nahimic thing is indeed the problem, I hope this helps track down a fix.
[Nov 13, 2020, 12:19:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved