Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3574 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Important if you want to go back to an older version from v 6.4

If you download and use v 6.4 and save your project, you will not be able to use any plugins if you go back to f.i. v 6.3.
Opening a v 6.4 project with version 6.3, removes the access to all your installed tools, so your project becomes useless.

Solution:
Save the project again with v 6.3, and everything works as normal.

Xiste
[Jul 28, 2020, 6:10:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Important if you want to go back to an older version from v 6.4

Øistein, I'm not sure to understand what you mean. Plug-ins compatible with Sweet Home 3D 6.3 should be still compatible with Sweet Home 3D 6.4, and the changes made in SH3D 6.4 files are actually compatible with SH3D 6.3 files, unless you really care about the IDs which were added to objects for the JavaScript version.
If a plug-in doesn't work as expected, please give more details how to reproduce your issue.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 28, 2020, 9:19:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

I've downloaded and installed 6.4 yesterday.

All installed plugins work fine. wink
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jul 29, 2020, 8:26:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I created a file at my office using v6.4:

Later, at home, I opened it with v6.3.

As you can see, "Tools" and "Photo-Video Rendering" is stripped from the menu bar.

In case someone else has this issue and starts to panic, I offered a solution.

Xiste
[Jul 29, 2020, 10:25:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

The reason I prefer v 6.3, is that 6.4 will crash after 20 - 50 minutes, as v 6.3 will work for five - six hours until it has used all my memory, and shuts down.

How can I edit a post?
[Jul 29, 2020, 10:34:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Actually, the missing plug-ins list is a bug that will be fixed in a future version. Thanks for reporting it.
About the stability of Sweet Home 3D 6.4, I wonder if you didn't forget to update the max memory used in this new version.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 30, 2020, 8:14:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

I wonder if you didn't forget to update the max memory used in this new version.
No, I gave it 32 GB just like with v 6.3.

Most of my files are quite big, 1- 1.5 GB.
When opening a 1 GB project, I can see an increase in memory usage of about 12 GB, a figure that is increasing every time I add some objects or make a rendering.
When the the memory load reaches about 58 GB (on the 64 GB machines), the program is shutting down.

I'm constantly monitoring my memory load, and I have made a routine of saving and quitting when the memory load is approaching 55 GB. It normally takes about 5 hours to reach 55 GB memory usage with v 6.3.
With v 6.4, the 55 GB memory load can ( worst case) be reached within half an hour.

Most of my computers are 12 core/ 24 threads MacPro 1.5, running OSX 10,13,6 (17G14019)
They have 64 or 128 GB memory and NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X 1228 MB.
They can not be upgraded above OSX 10.13.6.

Xiste
[Jul 30, 2020, 9:34:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved