Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 10
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 15565 times and has 9 replies Next Thread
Bob_Brazie

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Web Start error message.

Ubuntu 9.04

When I go to the folder I have the sweethome application in and right click the SweetHome3D icon and choose to open with 'Sun Java 6 Web Start' I get a short Java 6 splash screen and then the message “Unable to launch application”.

If I am on the download page of SweetHome and click the “Launch SweetHome with Java web Start” it opens just fine. http://www.sweethome3d.eu/download.html.

I couldn't find anything in the FAQ section dealing with this.

Any help would be appreciated. Bob.

[Note: this thread was started on sourceforge.net forums]
[Jul 25, 2009, 9:13:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Re: Web Start error message.

Did you figure out the solution to your problem?
Did you download the application? If so, you don't need the Java Web Start and you don't need to right click. If you have Java installed correctly on your system, the app should launch when you click on the executable file named, "SweetHome3D" (without quote marks. In the "File Type" section of your file viewer, it should say that it is a "Shell Script")

[Aug 5, 2009, 4:51:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bob_Brazie

I have found that file but when I run the application and try to print or do anything in the file menu I get a fatal error in the rendering system message saying it needs to shut down.

Very frustrating.

[Aug 6, 2009, 3:20:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
pencilart
Advanced Member

Can you post the exact error message? Then maybe Emmanuel (the developer) might see it and tell you more.

[Aug 6, 2009, 5:44:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I guess bbrazie's bug is the same as
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&...id=152568&atid=784665
But it should happen only for print and preferences menu items, not for File > Open and File > Save menu items.

----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Aug 6, 2009, 5:52:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bob_Brazie

If I read the bug thread then it seems that there is no fix?

[Aug 6, 2009, 10:07:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Yes, the bug is not fixed yet.
Sorry if I can't give you a better answer.

[Aug 6, 2009, 11:04:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bob_Brazie

That's OK. Thanks for the answer. Bob.

[Aug 7, 2009, 4:09:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
KixoMR

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I have the same on Ubuntu 16.04
księgowa Jelenia Góra
[Dec 15, 2017, 9:58:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

In case you didn't notice, this is a very old thread.
I would suggest to try SweetHome3D or SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 scripts in Sweet Home 3D installer.
[Dec 16, 2017, 7:35:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved