Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2035 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
iRoland

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Crashing on close, MacOS Catalina

Hi all,

I'm a quite reader of this forum and a happy user of SH3D for quite some time now.
For some reason, and I can't tell you what's changed, I've got an issue now that I'd like to describe and hopefully get some advice and help on.

Issue 1:
When having split view (3D view in separate window), then hitting the "x" to close the program it's not reacting anymore and after about 10-20sec "Force Quit Application" window on Mac says "not responding".
Waiting doesn't help, I can just kill the App by hitting "Force Quit".
The exact same thing also happens when I try to reattach the 3D view window to the main app window.

Question 1:
How I can reset (if possible ONLY) the setting that's responsible for starting with Split view where the 3D window is detached from the main window?
If I could do this I can probably avoid the problem for now.

Issue 2:
After starting SH3D again, it opens the old file with "<Filename>.sh3d [Recovered]" additionally to the file I'm opening on purpose.
This behaviour then adds up more and more SH3D windows over time, see screenshot.

Question 2:
Can I prevent SH3D from opening the additional [Recovered] file somehow?

My config:
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H2)
MacBook Pro 15" late 2018
2,2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Any ideas/workarounds are greatly appreciated as I'm in the middle of time critical planning for my house where I'm heavily relying on SH3D.

Thanks in advance for any comments or questions that can help.

Best,
iRoland
[Oct 27, 2020, 4:44:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
iRoland

Deutschland
Re: Crashing on close, MacOS Catalina

I should have added that I'm running SH3D in this version:

Version 6.4.3 Mac App Store
Java Version 1.8.0_202 - 64bit - 0,3 / 3 GB
[Oct 27, 2020, 10:51:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

About your first issue, would you use two screens? If it's the case, doesn't the program behave better if you close the 3D view window after moving it on the same screen as Sweet Home 3D main window?
Otherwise, you could attach the 3D view to the main window by removing the line
<property name='com.eteks.sweethome3d.swing.HomeComponent3D.detachedView' value='true'/>
in the file Home.xml found in the SH3D zip file (be sure to backup your SH3D file before trying to manually edit it). If it's too complicated for you, just send it to me, I'll fix it.

About the second issue, go the folder Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/recovery of your user folder and remove the files you'll find there. An easy way to reach that folder is too choose the Go > Go To Folder menu item in the Finder and copy-paste ~/Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/recovery (with the leading tilde) in the prompted dialog box.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 28, 2020, 1:30:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
iRoland

Deutschland

About your first issue, would you use two screens? If it's the case, doesn't the program behave better if you close the 3D view window after moving it on the same screen as Sweet Home 3D main window?
Otherwise, you could attach the 3D view to the main window by removing the line

I'm using a second (big) monitor on my Mac where I'm working with the main window and 3D windows side by side.
Trying to re-attached the 3D window to the main windows leads into the same described, unresponsive behaviour.
Now I found: if I close the main windows first, then the 3D view everything is fine and the program closes normally as expected.
--> I'll try to use that workaround from now on. Changing the property hinders my workflow a bite as I'm opening SH3d multiple times a day and like the side by side layout of main window and 3D view.

About the second issue, go the folder Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/recovery of your user folder and remove the files you'll find there. An easy way to reach that folder is too choose the Go > Go To Folder menu item in the Finder and copy-paste ~/Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D/recovery (with the leading tilde) in the prompted dialog box.

Thanks a lot, that did the trick for me! Before I was having 5 instances with a total of 10 windows open and refused to close (force quit) SH3D as this added up more and more windows.

Thanks for the timely reply, I'm happy for now.
Let me know if I can get you any more infos so that you can probably find/fix this behaviour...
[Oct 29, 2020, 12:03:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved