Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3494 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
gregoryx

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
What are these weird light lines?

Finally starting to dial the lighting in (thank you @ceciliabr and other). I'm pretty sure the ceiling lights I'm using came from @ceciliabr and they helped me solve the mess I had originally.

But after adding them, I get this light line along the ceiling - and around the ring of the lights as well. I can't figure out where it's coming from I've tried modifying the lights but I guess I'm missing something in there.

Ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrcoq5i1qtgv8vg/Kitchen%20from%20sink.png

(Hoping that Dropbox link works for the PNG)
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Nov 2, 2020, 9:00:29 AM]
[Nov 2, 2020, 2:56:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: What are these weird light lines?

I think these lines may appear when you create a photo with YafaRay rendering plug-in. It's like sun light would be able to go through the very very thin space between walls and the ceiling.
I should find a way to automatically fix that, but it's not so simple. Meanwhile, you could chose a night time in your case.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 2, 2020, 2:04:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gregoryx

Thank you, @Puybaret. It looks the same at 2am. I'll try back to the old renderer and see if it's there still. I'll also try placing a big, black "roof" (box) over it to see if it helps.
[Nov 3, 2020, 7:13:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

Are there invisible light panels on this ceiling? If so, are they flush with the ceiling? If so, place them a little bit deeper (the same amount your highlighted edges are in height).
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Nov 3, 2020, 9:16:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
gregoryx

Thanks, @UbuntuBirdy. That was my first thought as well. I'm using a recessed light thing that @ceciliabr built and shared. I tried recessing it further and changing the shape of it. It /seems/ like that has to be the cause... but it hasn't worked to fix it.

I think getting rid of those got rid of the problem; but I'll have to go back and review. If I'm the only one seeing something like this, I'm clearly doing something wrong with those ceiling can fixtures. 😒
[Nov 3, 2020, 11:33:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
enkonyito
Advanced Member

@gregoryx
Finally starting to dial the lighting in (thank you @ceciliabr and other). I'm pretty sure the ceiling lights I'm using came from @ceciliabr and they helped me solve the mess I had originally.

But after adding them, I get this light line along the ceiling - and around the ring of the lights as well. I can't figure out where it's coming from I've tried modifying the lights but I guess I'm missing something in there.

Ideas?

As Puybaret said, this problem occurs with the YafaRay rendering engine.
My tip is to add a lower level and a higher level to the virtual visitor's position by displaying all the levels in the 3D view so that the floors fill these interstices.

Enko
EnkoNyito
[Nov 13, 2020, 3:34:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

As explained here, this issue is fixed in the version 1.4.3 of the YafaRay rendering plug-in.
Thanks for your patience.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 17, 2021, 1:19:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved