Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2014 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Bilfrost

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
"Copy as new furniture" grayed out

I am 99% sure that I have successfully done this in the past.... But now it doesn't work.
If I select a room and try to copy it as new furniture, the option is grayed out. I need to also select another object, and then it allows me to copy it.

Any idea about what might be happening? I don't need another object.... just the room.

Thanks!
[Nov 17, 2020, 4:26:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: "Copy as new furniture" grayed out

Fortunately, you didn't bet on that feature because it's not possible to copy only rooms with the version 1.2 of CopyAsNewFurniture plug-in. I should modify it to allow to copy at least rooms at upper levels (the rooms at the lower level have no thickness and only one face, the reason why I didn't allow to copy them).
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 17, 2020, 7:16:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bilfrost

United States

I see what is happening. If "display ceiling" is checked, than it can be copied. However, than I have a ceiling that i didn't want in the first place. It can be made invisible, fortunately.
But yes, it would be helpful to be able to copy it.
[Nov 17, 2020, 9:40:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Bilfrost

United States

Use case: easy way to make object of different shape that might be needed for a design, eg countertops.
[Nov 17, 2020, 9:42:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I just updated the plug-in to version 1.3 to allow the copy of a room with only its floor visible, but this will work only if the copied room is at an upper floor, otherwise it wouldn't have any thickness.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 18, 2020, 11:08:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved