Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4485 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
iRoland

Deutschland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Roof creation remote help

Hi all, normally I'd dig in myself until I can make it happen like desired, but time is very limited at the moment because my house (which I completely planned with SH3D so far :-) is being built at the moment - Basement is finished already.

Initially I didn't plan to build the roof (standard gable roof with a small bay flat roof for) in SH3D as well beforehand, but now want to try a few things before suggesting them to my roof-builder.

Therefore my question: could anybody with experience making a roof in SH3D help me build my roof in SH3D? I'd want to it it via a remote Session (over Zoom, Teams or TeamViewer) so I know how it's done and to be able to later adjust the nuances myself.
It'd be worth some Euros for me if that's important.

Would love to get your feedback.

Thanks
iRoland
[Nov 22, 2020, 7:04:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
iRoland

Deutschland
Re: Roof creation remote help

somebody able and willing to help?
We can also speak German if that helps ;-)
[Nov 25, 2020, 4:52:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Did you have a look to some of the roofs of the examples in the Gallery? It is not so difficult... There are some roofs also in this blog article.
[Nov 25, 2020, 6:26:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
iRoland

Deutschland

I looked at the PDF: Tutorial for sloping roofs and ceilings, dormers and more.
Thanks @Hans Dirkse for producing this, so please don't see this as an offense in any way, but rather as a constructive feedback. I was very happy I had your PDF as a reference, but to my perception it's not very user friendly. Less text and more screenshots would have explained it easier and/or better I suspect.

In the and after understanding the process of drawing a wall, exporting as a new furniture and importing this again, I was easily able to build my simple roof for rough imagination and print purposes.
However, the SH3D way of builing a roof is unfortunately not suitable for producing highly accurate plans as you can for the bricklayer.
[Dec 14, 2020, 7:53:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

"Sweet Home 3D ist ein frei erhältlicher Innenraum Planer der Ihnen beim Einrichten
Ihrer Wohnung hilft - auf einem 2D Plan mit 3D Ansicht."

This is what the SH3Ds homepage says. And this is why building a roof is not a maintask of SH3D.
Try using FreeCAD or any other CAD software for this task and export/import the result to SH3D.
----------------------------------------
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Dec 14, 2020, 9:10:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
iRoland

Deutschland
love struck Re: Roof creation remote help

@UbuntuBirdy: nicely and well said.

If I came across a little rough or anti-SH3D, that wasn't my intention at all. I really love SH3D, recently donated something and would encourage everyone to do so as well to support the great work that has been done on the product and also the super supportive style here in the forum.

However, my post was just meant to provide some info for people like me that are thinking about making a roof in SH3D. So everyone out there wanting to make a roof can now find my post which should just help setting the right expectation.
[Dec 16, 2020, 7:48:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

@iRoland: don't worry, you didn't come across as rough or anti-SH3D.

My post was only to clarify why roof building is not that comfortable in SH3D and it shows one possible solution for this "issue" to people out there wanting to make a roof.
And hey, now they can also find my post which should just help finding a solution. wink
Pascal

[Dec 16, 2020, 5:35:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

@Pascal And of course, I image that this roof tool should be able to handle roofs for boats too, right? laughing
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 16, 2020, 8:51:36 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

@Emmanuel - you're totally right. I have a secret plan to turn SH3D into a boat building tool... shhh
Pascal

[Dec 17, 2020, 4:22:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Shralen

Canada/Québec

@UbuntuBirdy

Is CAD easy to use?

I’ve been working on my house roofs in my free time, so far I’ve been using the shape generator. I’ve redone my house so I could get my room as accurate as possible and now I’d like to do the roof.
I'm more comfortable writing in English, but I can also write in French.
 ,___,
(OvO)   Hoot
 /)_)
 "    "
[Dec 20, 2020, 8:16:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved