Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9456 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
MrMoon

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Roman Villa inspired home.

Hello from Houston, Texas.

Some background info, living in an early 1900s concrete building, I loved the security of being in a hurricane-proof(ish) building. So decided in designing, and someday soon building, a concrete home.
Based it on a Roman villa/domus to make the design DIY-friendly.

Constructive criticism welcomed.

[Dec 11, 2020, 10:51:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
coldcomfort

Re: Roman Villa inspired home.

I have the same ideas, although i look for inspiration to MCM/Eichler homes. A courtyard makes a lot of sense for a small or narrow lot, in an urban context. But it looks to me that you're somewhat undecided in the scope of it.

Either maximize the area of the patio as a central courtyard, pushing the side rows as far apart as permitted by the lot. Giving it more of a practical use. I think the patio needs some shading solutions, hence the peristyle in the roman garden court. Or just ditch the patio altogether, have it sprawl out more since the lot seems wide enough.
[Dec 19, 2020, 4:14:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MrMoon

USA
Re: Roman Villa inspired home.

Thank you for the info.
You're right, still undecided on the final outcome of the courtyard, leave it uncluttered or fill it with a lush garden. The limit in size is dictated by the typical size homes in my area, and my potential budget & time since I'll have a big role building it.

You did give me an idea for shade to add a retractable pergola cover.
Thank you!
[Dec 22, 2020, 5:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved