Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3673 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
La_Maudite

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
This might be a bug

Hello everyone,

This is my first post here. Let me first thank all the developers and maintainers for Sweet Home 3D. I'm especially glad it runs under Linux. Great stuff! smile

So here is my problem, which might be a bug or it might be that I'm not using the program properly with sloping walls. You tell me.

Like I said, I have a room with sloping walls. When I create the room, everthing looks fine in 2D. Also, I checked that the area is also computed correctly.

When I look at it in 3D, there's a polygon (triangle) following the top of the one wall and connectig to a point at the top of another sloping wall. For me it's a single triangle. This polygone doesn't get textured like the floor of the room. Also, it appears in 3D only from certain points of view.

Here's a screenshot and the sh3d file that I'm working on.

sh3d file

Thanks in advance

Carl
[Dec 13, 2020, 6:46:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: This might be a bug

Modify rooms - and disable the ceiling.

SH3D has difficulties calculating roofs/ceilings for rooms with sloping walls. The triangle you see is an incoorect ceiling.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 14, 2020, 2:20:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
La_Maudite

Canada
Re: This might be a bug

Thank you!
[Dec 18, 2020, 4:54:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved