Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2863 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
Ferdo

Austria
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
FreeCAD Model in SH3D

Hello everyone! This my first post in this forum and I hope one of you can help me.

I want to create furniture with the Part Workbench in FreeCAD (v0.18). The import of a simple test model in OBJ format into SH3D worked well basically but originally it had two parts in differnt colors. Now it's all one color and merched to one part. So my question is what needs to be done either in FreeCAD or SH3D to keep the differnt parts and make them selectable for customization.

My test model in SH3D. It's in german language but nevertheless it should be recognizable what happened. I expacted to have here the two parts to be selectable.

Original model in FreeCAD:

[Dec 23, 2020, 7:26:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: FreeCAD Model in SH3D

Probable solution:
Give both parts a different texture, and they will show up as two parts in SH3D. You can then change colour or texture after importing the model.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Dec 24, 2020, 11:09:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

The easyest way is to make two parts in FreeCAD and rejoin them in SH3D. This is the way I alway go when modeling with FreeCAD for use in SH3D.
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Dec 24, 2020, 11:48:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

might be worth checking that you did export both parts
[Dec 24, 2020, 3:35:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Ferdo

Austria

Give both parts a different texture, and they will show up as two parts in SH3D.

This is not working unfortunately.

The easyest way is to make two parts in FreeCAD and rejoin them in SH3D. This is the way I alway go when modeling with FreeCAD for use in SH3D.

This works. It means you don't see a solution besides this workaround, right? What other tool do you use for modeling?

might be worth checking that you did export both parts

This was also my first idea. wink Both parts are there.

Thank you all for your answers!
[Dec 27, 2020, 7:42:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
UbuntuBirdy
Advanced Member

Switzerland

This works. It means you don't see a solution besides this workaround, right? What other tool do you use for modeling?

I have not found another solution until now. But I do not search anymore, because this solution gives also some great options: you can hide easily some parts of your construction; you can easily redesign parts of your construction...
Pascal

SH3D 6.6 / Ubuntu 22.04 (Mainline-Kernel) / Radeon RX580 / Ryzen 7 5800x
[Dec 27, 2020, 9:22:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved