Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 8131 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Tjswish

Australia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Building on our owned block

So we bought a block of land which is the size of the grass area in the images, I'm looking to build a house on it that's reasonable sized but also not too ungodly.

We are moving to a tourist destination (town before the skifields) and plan to have visitors semi-regularly. No kids at the moment but we also like the idea of Master away from the other 3 beds. Bath is in the ensuite as we (the missus) would use it more than visitors and if we have kids, they can be bathed in the ensuite.

Thoughts? I understand that I didn't finish adding furniture to the laundry and it might not be full of windows, this is more for the general layout.

[Dec 29, 2020, 8:54:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tjswish

Australia
Re: Building on our owned block

Images didn't work, reuploading:

[Dec 29, 2020, 8:57:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SixOfSpades

United States

You might specifically want a 1-story home, but making it 2-story would halve your footprint & give you a bigger yard, as well as retain heat more efficiently.
Busy areas like hallways, staircases, & entrances should be close to the center of the house, to minimize traffic flow. Move that Entry closer to the middle of the front.
Move the Mud Room to merge with the Laundry, & ideally the Kitchen should be very close to the Garage.
You've got a lot of wasted space in the Dining room, Ensuite, Kitchen, etc.
[Dec 29, 2020, 10:07:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa

Hi,

Few remarks:
Master bathroom is too big and WIC too small.
Kitchen without windows ?
Bed 4 is circling by the noise of laundry and bathroom.
Bed 3 will have noise of garages.

All main windows are at North, why ?

HNY.

wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Dec 30, 2020, 7:08:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tjswish

Australia

Thanks for your comments guys.

@Sixofspades
- 1 story is preferred as I've never been a fan of a 2 story house and the block is 880m2 which is more than enough to still have a decent sized yard. I don't really want to be mowing 600m2 every week and we don't have kids to play in it. The backyard in that image is about 400m2 which is almost half the block.
- Since we are moving to a snow area, the mud room is also snow gear storage and I want the fish tank through the wall idea so we can see the fishies but don't hear all the noises of the tank so much.
- The extra space in the living area is so it doesn't feel cramped and so we have room to grow if we get more things. Since most of our time would be spent there it's nice to have a bit of space.

- Notes on the master taken.
- Kitchen would have an overhead light in a split ceiling type arrangement or windows around the cabinets. It's just hard to do in SH3d
- Bed 4 would be a spare bed that would be a guest room and wouldn't be used full time.
- Garages wouldn't be used during sleep time, I don't see bed 3 having too many issues
- Windows being North is just the way I drew the house. I don't think the block lies exactly north (Pretty sure North in my image represents East or south East in reality).
- I would definitely get a qualified person to have a look to help before I tried to make my house a reality.
[Dec 30, 2020, 8:20:12 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Hi Tristan, thought i would show an alternative that may, or may not, help with your plan.

If any of it is of interest the SH3D file can be downloaded form HERE

There is an additional floor to get more natural light into the main living area, its a little different to a velux :).

Good luck with your design and hope to see some images of the build.

Mike
[Dec 31, 2020, 5:51:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

My take on your house

SH3D file
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 4, 2021, 1:12:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved