Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3442 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
brockhenry

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Windows 10, Radeon Video, graphics glitches, memory leak/gc?

Hi, new to SweetHome3d.

It looks like exactly what I want, but I'm experiencing many graphical glitches, similar to other people.

I'm running under Windows 10, but also tried a Ubuntu VM, and Raspberry Pi over VNC, and they all show the same issue. This seems to indicate that it is not strictly related to my video drivers.

It works fine for a short period of time (5 - 60 seconds), and then graphical elements (toolbar items, menus, etc) start drawing over each other, making it usable.

I have tried the various suggestions in the forums, old versions, disable 3d, 32 bit, etc, but they all do the same thing. I also changed to some of the Metal lookandfeels.

I thought it might be related to tooltips, so I removed them all, but the problem persists.

If I increase the amount of virtual memory available to the jvm, it lasts for longer before dying. This suggests that something is being eaten by the GC, but we still need it.

I enabled some verbose GC messages, and saw these messages exactly as the problem occurred:

[665.731s][info ][gc ] GC(7) Pause Young (Normal) (G1 Evacuation Pause) 317M->39M(512M) 8.596ms
[668.356s][info ][class,load ] sun.java2d.marlin.MergeSort source: jrt:/java.desktop
[669.139s][info ][gc ] GC(8) Pause Young (Normal) (GCLocker Initiated GC) 327M->37M(512M) 3.809ms
[671.603s][info ][gc ] GC(9) Pause Young (Normal) (GCLocker Initiated GC) 325M->37M(512M) 3.881ms
[673.312s][info ][gc ] GC(10) Pause Young (Normal) (G1 Evacuation Pause) 325M->38M(512M) 4.148ms
[675.613s][info ][gc ] GC(11) Pause Young (Normal) (G1 Evacuation Pause) 326M->38M(512M) 4.119ms

I collected some heapdumps (I can provide if you want), but they seem to indicate that they are only around the 37M size. I'm not sure what is taking 327M.

I am a developer, but haven't worked with Java in a long time.

-- Brock
[Dec 30, 2020, 1:01:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
brockhenry

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Windows 10, Radeon Video, graphics glitches, memory leak/gc?

It occurred to me, after posting, that the issues I experienced under Windows vs Linux are different.

Linux was the black around icons issues, mentioned in other's posts. Windows was the issue I described above.

I would rather run it in Windows, ideally.
[Dec 31, 2020, 12:06:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved