Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6221 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: problem with placing / mergering objects

Another thing you could check, on the cabinet you have, modify it so the original worktop is hidden
[Jan 17, 2021, 9:26:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Xiste
Advanced Member

Norway

But i still don't understand how can i create or modify my own countertop with a customizable hole in it.

Best way to customise your kitchen is to construct it from standardised models.

This will take care of your problem.
Kitchen cabinets, sinks, faucets:
https://www.polantis.com/search/objects/?keyword=kitchen+cabinet

www.polantis.com
Thousands of free 3D objects. Everything home designers need.
[Jan 17, 2021, 10:14:20 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
roger.crook@gmail.com

I am having the same problem having a sunken sink filled in by the worktop.
I hope there is a better solution that someone can share with us? (I tried importing sink as a window or stairs to no avail), however, as a workaround I created a wall the same size at my worktop, I then inserted a service hatch with an invisible frame the same size as my sunken sink. I exported it as a .obj file. I then imported this as furniture and rotated it to horizontal and then fitted the sink.
[Mar 13, 2021, 9:21:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Why can't you draw the sink cutout like this using an upper level room floor (counter thickness) with no ceiling displayed? Make a split at the top to create the sink opening and save the selected "room" shape (only) as OBJ to import as furniture. The sink model is there just for sizing reference from top view.

----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Mar 14, 2021, 8:57:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved