Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3355 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
mbwesner

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Sunken living room floor? How?

I started with elevation 0. Made my walls 9'9" tall, and then added "box"s to raise the floor for the rest of the basement.

The problem I am running into now is that the "room" features don't seem to like this.

What is the best practice for doing this?

https://i.imgur.com/Q9J0dSf.png

I don't know how many hours I have put into this so far, but I am really hoping I don't have to start over. :P

Thanks for any help!

Mike
[Jan 6, 2021, 3:30:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bdfd
Advanced Member

Western Europa
Re: Sunken living room floor? How?

What are the real heights of these levels ?
=> 1. Entry floor
=> 2. Lounge floor

wink
----------------------------------------
Evil progresses when good people do nothing!
---
SH3D 7.1 and nothing else - W11 64b in 4K
[Jan 6, 2021, 9:54:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Study how to use "Levels" in the User Guide, Help or YouTube.
Add a separate Level for each... uhh. level.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 6, 2021, 10:59:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mbwesner

USA

Thanks hansmex! Ya, i saw that split level tutorial before and just went through it again. That makes more sense now. I got things setup so that the sunken level is -11.5" elevation and then the rest is 0. I assume I will have to use sloped boxes to make the ground around the level and the front yard will just be a thick floating box? It is a walkout basement, ranch style.

[Jan 6, 2021, 3:16:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Yes, you can use boxes, triangles, etc to do your landscaping.

If you want realistic landscaping, study some of the contributions of Cecilia, who places some of her designs in beautiful landscapes, designed by some separate process, which she then integrates with her buildings.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jan 6, 2021, 3:23:43 PM]
[Jan 6, 2021, 3:20:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mbwesner

USA

I'll check that out. Thanks again!

Just for some added context, I am building this for a home automation use case. I will be trying out the "Automate lights rendering (v1)" plugin so I can show this on a control dashboard/tablet.

Seems like a good piece of software for that and I would be interested in any other features/plugins that related to that.

Visual interaction with IOT in general is a cool concept.
[Jan 6, 2021, 7:47:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mbwesner

USA

Well, I tried that plugin and it worked once, then on second attempt and all other attempts it fails. Is there a log or debug console somewhere I can look at? Does anyone know anything about this plugin?

[Jan 6, 2021, 7:57:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mbwesner

USA

I can run the plugin once per model, i created a model from demo, same issue. It seems to only work once per model.
[Jan 6, 2021, 8:02:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved