Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3066 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
MarciB

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How can I create a knee wall inside an opening with a header?

Hi all!

Been struggling with options thus far and hope somebody has another idea.

I need to create a wall with a large opening. One side of that opening has a knee wall where some cabinets and and overhanging countertop will go. The catch here is that there must not be any structural members on the open side of the knee wall where the cabinets end, AND there is a dropped header above the knee wall, say 4' up from the top of the cabinets. The ceilings are 9' high.

I'm tried adding doorways but the knee wall disappears, and adding 2 doorways with different sizes and elevations also doesn't work because you end up seeing the frame between the end of the knee wall and the rest of the opening.

Hope I'm explaining this well enough to understand! It's basically an opening like a window RIGHT beside a doorway, and I don't want any objects shows (frames, etc.) between the two.

Cheers!
[Jan 7, 2021, 5:12:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Re: How can I create a knee wall inside an opening with a header?

Hi MarciB,
Not sure to understand exactly what you need, but the invisible box, importing it as a Door/window, may help you?
[Jan 7, 2021, 8:12:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MarciB

Canada
Re: How can I create a knee wall inside an opening with a header?

VeroniQ, thanks so much! Worked like a charm :))
[Jan 14, 2021, 4:00:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved