Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 5648 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
"Unknown" Furniture Category?

I imported furniture or my exported obj and imported them and it created a Category folder called Unknown. Is it possible to rename that to something else? Sometimes I use a User category while importing but don't see that in the list, just the Unknown one.
----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jan 21, 2021, 5:21:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: "Unknown" Furniture Category?

Put the cursor on the name of the category you want to rename, and type a new name.

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 21, 2021, 10:11:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

And if you used the Furniture library editor, use it again to change the category of the furniture, typing a new name if you want a new category.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 21, 2021, 10:22:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

I tried the FLE but only see options to load and save a Library by browsing to a file location on my PC. In SH3D clicking on the Unknown category just expands it. Right-clicking on it just says import furniture. I’m running it on a Windows 10 computer. SH3D is installed as the Sourceforge version. When I installed FLE last week I had to install JAVA 8 which also pops up on my Windows taskbar when I load SH3D and FLE ever since.
[Jan 21, 2021, 12:12:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What about double-clicking on a row to change the attributes of an imported piece in the Furniture Library Editor? Its basic user's guide isn't so long to read, is it?
[Jan 21, 2021, 12:40:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

I can double-click on any imported item (or right-click modify) in my unknown category (and elsewhere) and the furniture modify wizard comes up. There I can type in a new category name or select an existing category name. This has nothing to do with renaming a user created “unknown” category. I’ve been a computer tech since 1985. I read all manuals.
[Jan 21, 2021, 1:59:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If the question was how to change the default category "Unknown" in the Furniture Library Editor, it's not possible. But you can change the category of more than one imported piece of furniture at the same time if you select them, before choosing Modify menu item.
[Jan 21, 2021, 2:36:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Thanks. I must have missed that unknown is a default category. I didn’t remember seeing that until after I imported some stuff and remember the properties panel saying User so I guess the confusion lies there. However, the software is very intuitive to use. I found out halfway through you can directly type inches and it converts to feet, inches automatically. No more manually dividing by 12 LOL. Also discovered the color picker eye dropper works outside the app window (was always full screen) and I’m able to pick paint colors from websites. :)
[Jan 21, 2021, 3:05:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You may even enter fractions with slashes.
For example, entering 20 1/4 will be understood as 1'8¼"
[Jan 21, 2021, 5:48:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

You may even enter fractions with slashes.
For example, entering 20 1/4 will be understood as 1'8¼"

Yes I’ve been doing that all along modeling my house down to precision of 1/8th an inch! I love SH3D. Being new just have questions now and then. I appreciate yours and everyone’s help as needed.

Are there any advantages to reinstalling the JAVA version if I purchase it to help support? Would I lose any settings or plugins, i.e: in-place upgrade or from scratch. I know you get extra models and textures. Just wary I read some reviews where others had issues with the paid version.
[Jan 21, 2021, 7:32:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved