Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3419 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
dpjrodrigues

Portugal
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Colors/textures random rendering issue

Hi guys,

I've been experiencing an strange issue while rendering an image. Most of the times not all the elements have the correct textures or color but it is a random behaviour.
If I press 5 times the create button without even changing anything I get different end results (most of the times there is always missing one or more colors / textures but if it already happened that all was shown correctly).

Any hint on what could be the reason and how to go around it? I've tested both windows 32 bits and 64bits.

Many thanks
[Jan 22, 2021, 1:40:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Colors/textures random rendering issue

This behaviour is typical for models downloaded from Sketchup Warehouse.
Problem: SH3D can't decide which of the two faces to show, and alternatingly shows the exterior (with texture) and interior face (without texture).
Solution: open the model in Sketchup and apply colour or texture to both faces of your model. (It seems there is/was a plugin that does this, but I cannot find it anymore).

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jan 23, 2021, 10:50:16 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dpjrodrigues

Portugal
Re: Colors/textures random rendering issue

Thanks a lot. I've installed sketchup, checked how to apply texture in both sides and it worked like charm.
[Jan 30, 2021, 8:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved