Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 49
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 35878 times and has 48 replies Next Thread
wspnut

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
confused Freezing in SH3D and Furniture Editor importing models

Hey all,

I'm trying to import models from SketchUp, and I'm experiencing freezing. I've left SH3D running overnight and nothing happens.

To repeat in SH3D:

* Open a new file
* Choose "Import furniture..." from the context menu
* Choose the .dae model from the finder (the model loads fine)
* Hit "Continue >"

Every time, with any model, the import wizard freezes SH3D on the "Model Orientation" screen.

I hoped using the furniture editor would resolve this, but the second I try to add a .dae model to a library, the Furniture Editor freezes, too.

Unfortunately, this means I can only add pre-packaged SH3D libraries - argh!

My platform is as follows:

* MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) running macOS 11.12.1 (Big Sur)
* 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 Processor
* 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 RAM
* AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB Graphics Card
* Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB Graphics CArd

My software information is as follows:

* SH3D v15.0.2 (64bit)
* Furniture Library Editor v1.26
* Java v15.0.1
* Java 3D v1.6.1
* JOGL 2.4.0-rc-20210111

Any ideas would be extremely appreciated! Thank you so much.
[Mar 5, 2021, 4:45:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Freezing in SH3D and Furniture Editor importing models

You seem to experience the issue reported in the bug #1015.

I wished that a long beta test period would have helped to detect this kind of issue but it doesn’t seem to have been enough sad

Did you try with previous versions of Sweet Home 3D and Furniture Library Editor?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 6, 2021, 9:24:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
wspnut

USA

Possibly! Thank you - I'm going to try moving my folder to a non-managed space (I'm currently using DropBox) and will see if that helps... will report back.

If I can do anything to help debug, I'm happy to - fellow Java programmer with an afflicted machine here!
[Mar 8, 2021, 1:02:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I don’t think it could be bound to DropBox, but trying with an older version would be helpful. Thanks!
[Mar 8, 2021, 8:19:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kutlu9

My SH3D freezes on furniture import wizard too. I'm importing .zip file that was downloaded from free 3D models page. Same as OP, model orientation screen causes freeze.

I was importing objects without any problem, then one object (I think it was the cat one) caused freeze.

Importing furniture libraries doesn't cause any problems.

I'm on MacOS 10.15.7, Sweet Home 3D 6.5
[Mar 14, 2021, 9:36:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I've been trying to import both cats with Sweet Home 3D 6.5 under macOS 10.15.7, and didn't encounter any issue. There must be another problem.
Does it crash with the first imported model or after you import more models?
[Mar 14, 2021, 6:55:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kutlu9

The Cat model wasn't the first one I imported. Didn't have any problems before that. After that any model i tried (all downloaded from free 3D models page) caused crash.

Also when I tried to Modify Furniture (previously successfully imported model), I got a crash.

There doesn't seem to be problem on first page on import wizard. Model loads fine and I can rotate it. When I click continue, on the second any of the views load and application doesn't respond, doesn't close without force quit.

--

I uninstalled app (with preferences), installed it again, imported (i think all) furniture libraries from download page. The cat model loads fine in 2d and 3d view. But when I just tried if it happens again with the Cat model and it crashed again.

https://imgur.com/nYjeZwl
[Mar 15, 2021, 1:58:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kutlu9

Also this time after the force quit, MacOS gave a crash report. But log is 29353 lines lol. How can I send it to the forum?
[Mar 15, 2021, 2:11:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Send your log to me. But if you got that log after you forced Sweet Home 3D to quit, I’m not sure it will be useful. Any other log when it crashes at import time?
[Mar 15, 2021, 7:55:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kutlu9

Sent the mail now. If I recall correctly, crash report came after I force quit but I'll try to reproduce it again to see if I get any other report.
[Mar 15, 2021, 8:06:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved