Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2074 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Macc

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Increase java memory in Linux based application

Hi
I am new to sweethome3d, I run Linux version on Raspberry pi4.

Version 6.1.2
Java version 11.0.9.1 - 32bit - 0.1/0.9GB
Java 3D version 1.5.2

I have a problem with the camera feature which has stopped rendering the photos, I just get the red cross. On Linux, can you please tell me exactly how to increase the allocated memory for java, I have read all the posts and the faq, but I can't find the location of the file to be edited. The faq section related to Linux is quite brief and just mentions sweethome3d script.

I have done a find command in a terminal for all the instances of sweethome3d.
I then opened what I thought was the most likely file in Geany (usr/share/sweethome3d/sweethome3d.sh) but I could not see any Xmx refs.

I am not a programmer. Can you please tell me the exact file path, filename and extension of the file which requires editing with the -Xmx2g text that I need to insert. (My Raspberry pi 4 has 4G of RAM)

Best regards
[Mar 24, 2021, 11:31:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Increase java memory in Linux based application

As I don't deliver a version for Raspberry, i don't know how it's organized. You should ask to the maintainers of this version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 24, 2021, 3:44:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved