Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 20514 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
pattymania

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
can i install "sweet Home 3d" on my server?

I would like to know if someone can help me to see if i can install "sweet home 3d" on my server.
should i use windows, or unix server? . I read only steps for installing in a local pc. Please if someone has the link for instructions how to upload into a hosting account let me know. thanks in advance
Patty
[Oct 15, 2009, 7:06:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FuegoFatuo

Re: can i install "sweet Home 3d" on my server?

Hi, I am trying install sweet home 3D on Tomcat and I can't deploy jar. Did you install on your server??? How?
Thanks in avance
Best regards, Virginia
[Mar 1, 2010, 11:29:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

What version of Sweet Home 3D do you want to deploy?
Java Web Start version, Applet Online version, Applet viewer version?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 8, 2010, 9:10:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
FuegoFatuo

Hi
I have deployed Sweet Home using Java Web Start, It was my first time and I was a litle lost. Thank you for your attention.
Best regards,
Virginia
[Mar 8, 2010, 9:27:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
redhotline

Hello. I want to install sweet Home 3d on my server too. I want to use it thought Java Web Start. I have tomcat and java on my server configured.
How can i install sweet Home 3d ?
Thanks
[Apr 18, 2010, 10:41:30 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You only need a HTTP server like Apache. But you can also use Tomcat, since it handles also requests to static content.

First, download source code of the latest version.
Then, from the README.TXT file it contains, you'll have to:
- download and install last JDK 6,
- download and install Ant,
- run the following Java command in the directory where you uncompressed the archive of the source code:
keytool -genkey -keystore keys.keytool -alias SweetHome3D
(keytool is a command of the JDK, if system doesn't recognize keytool, give the full path of keytool or change system PATH)
- run "ant" command in the directory where you uncompressed the archive of the source code. The default javaWebStart target will create signed jars in deploy/lib subdirectory.
- edit deploy/SweetHome3D.jnlp file and change the value of the codebase attribute at line 3 to the URL base where you want to host your version of Sweet Home 3D.
- upload the content of deploy directory on your server in a directory matching this URL base.

Your Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D is ready. biggrin
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jun 8, 2011, 1:00:20 PM]
[Apr 18, 2010, 11:09:05 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
redhotline

:) yes, thank you, its really work
but how can i realize the same thing as on you site?
i mean, - it downloads aplication to my computer, but on your site it work without downloading...
[Apr 18, 2010, 9:08:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bellskar

You only need a HTTP server like Apache. But you can also use Tomcat, since it handles also requests to static content.

First, download source code.
Then, from the README.TXT file it contains, you'll have to:
- download and install last JDK 6,
- download and install Ant,
- run the following Java command in the directory where you uncompressed the archive of the source code:
keytool -genkey -keystore keys.keytool -alias SweetHome3D
(keytool is a command of the JDK, if system doesn't recognize keytool, give the full path of keytool or change system PATH)
- run "ant" command in the directory where you uncompressed the archive of the source code. The default javaWebStart target will create signed jars in deploy/lib subdirectory.
- edit deploy/SweetHome3D.jnlp file and change the value of the codebase attribute at line 3 to the URL base where you want to host your version of Sweet Home 3D.
- upload the content of deploy directory on your server in a directory matching this URL base.

Your Java Web Start version of Sweet Home 3D is ready. biggrin

I have done it all, thanks Puybaret.
I want to ask about the certification expiry which is being expired in 6 months. when the build was in progress by running ANT command, it tells so.
Isn't there any option to make it long more than 6 months?
Thanks..

Also would you have any suggestion on the following thread
http://www.sweethome3d.eu/support/forum/viewthread_thread,1454#5771
Thanks.
[Apr 26, 2010, 2:53:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I want to ask about the certification expiry which is being expired in 6 months. when the build was in progress by running ANT command, it tells so.
Isn't there any option to make it long more than 6 months?

Don't worry the program will still run once the certificate expired.
For example, this certificate used to sign the version 0.10 of Sweet Home 3D expired but it still runs.

The best solution is to buy a Java Code Signing Certificate from a Certification Authority, but this is quite expensive (±$200/ year) and that's why I didn't buy one myself yet.
Here are a few Certification Authorities I found last time I did my enquiry on this subject:
- Verisign
- Thawte
- GlobalSign
- Entrust
- Certum

And other interesting pages about this subject:
- Java Tutorial Lesson: API and Tools Use for Secure Code and File Exchanges
- Java Code Signing Certificates comparison
- Cheapest Java Code Signing Certificate? - Stack Overflow
- The PKI page
[Apr 26, 2010, 3:42:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
bellskar

Thanks a lot Puybaret
your enquiry really did save much of my time :)

Thanks
[Apr 26, 2010, 5:02:15 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved