Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4940 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
jose1711

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
where to place 3d models..

so that sweethome3d would pick them automatically for all users, i. e. i won't have to install it to each user's home? is there such an option? i'd like to create packages and if the program looks inside home dir only, it's impossible to do so.

thank you, joe
[Oct 15, 2009, 6:28:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jose1711

Re: where to place 3d models..

sorry, forgot to say: it's linux version
[Oct 15, 2009, 6:30:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You can use the Export to SH3F plug-in: it allows you to export all the furniture imported in Sweet Home 3D catalog to a SH3F file. Then you can import this SH3F file in an other account with the menu item Furniture > Import furniture library....

Download this plug-in and copy it in the plug-ins folder of Sweet Home 3D, which is the subfolder .eteks/sweethome3d/plugins of your user folder (you'll have to create it if it doesn't exist).

Relaunch Sweet Home 3D, and you'll see the new menu item Export imported furniture to SH3F... in Furniture menu. At this time this will work, only if you installed Sweet Home 3D with its installers. If you installed it with Java Web Start, it may not work for security reasons and you'll have to download the installer.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 16, 2009, 7:58:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
jose1711

hello, thank you for your post. i still fail to see an answer on where to put the data besides the user directory though. it's nice i have an option to bundle all 3 model-packs into one but then.. there is no such possibility of doing pacman -Syu sweethome3d-models and then just relaunching sweethome3d and seeing all models actually imported.
[Oct 16, 2009, 7:19:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved