Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4960 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How do you use Sweet Home 3D Online?

Sweet Home 3D Online is available for a few weeks now.
I recently added support for more languages in that version and found a way under Windows to avoid displaying the security dialog twice at launch.
If many people visit Sweet Home 3D Online (around 1500 per day), only a few registered users use it to save a home (around 20 per day).
It's not a problem for me (at least, sweethome3d.eu server isn't overloaded), but I wonder why you use or not Sweet Home 3D Online.

Here are some questions I ask myself:
Do you prefer to use the Online version or the downloadable versions? For what reasons?
Did you visit the Online version mostly to discover Sweet Home 3D features?
Under Windows, does the update of Java automatically launched on your computer by the Online version prevented you from using it?
Is the security dialog displayed at launch by the Online version prevented you from using it?
Which features do you miss the most in the Online version of Sweet Home 3D?

Thank you for your help smile
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 24, 2009, 11:24:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
SH3DRaz4

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How do you use Sweet Home 3D Online?

Hi!

- prefer downloadable version (security concerns, non-working/disabled java browser plugin, performance; even some advantages to webstart edition)
- used webstart version first, then switched to downloaded/local version, tried to use "SH3D online" for online collaboration
- never saw that dialogue, probably because I first used webstart version accepted it that time
- I miss the ability to load local house models and upload them, to work on them while abroad

btw. your forum does not allow to register with email-adresses like name@subdomain.domain.tld (no email with activation code)
[Oct 29, 2009, 10:01:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved